"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #181
Master Chef

The human body is an amazing machine. It can heal so many of its own failures, especially when the spirit is positive verses negative. Your love for your friend, no doubt, helped her, whether you could be by her side or not. The prayers of many helped to. As you said, she may never recover, but at the very least, she has enough function to know the love of her friends and family. When she does move on to the next life, and we all do sooner or later, she will carry that with her. And when you follow some distant time in the future, she will be there, waiting to embrace you, and welcome you.

I believe in life after death. And I know that my parents, and grandparents will be waiting for me. There will be a reunion, and it will be a great time of celebration. But for now, continue to give your love to your friend, and remember, that all things are possible with faith.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #182
Master Chef

I just hope for some quality of life. That is all I wish for. When I was on the road for three years, we often found ourselves in old historic churches. My mother was very, very, well, not to exaggerate, but close to her death-bed (she encouraged us to go). Whenever we stopped at one of these churches, I prayed, not so much for her recovery, but for her to be able to enjoy every day of the life she had left. That was well over a decade ago, and I was lucky enough to be sitting with her when my niece announced that she was to, this summer, see her first great-grandchild. You'd never believe it if you'd seen her even last year, but now she is jumping around like a teenager.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #183
Master Chef

Great news babe!!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #184
Executive Chef

Babe

This thread is the main reason I check to see progress. It IS positive to know there is A change. I will surely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So many are thinking of you babe, and that truly makes a difference.

I thank you for keeping us informed of how your friend is doing. With all this support I am sure you can feel it. Be strong, babe.

Oh, how is Thomas doing?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #185
Chef Extraordinaire

good news and then up jumps the devil. she has run out of coverage for physical therapy and speech therapy. without the speech thepory she can not eat again as the speech therapist has to approve. so..............she can't get better, they won't pay but continue to pay for warehousing. i am beyond angry and into super atomic angry. i call it wallie's wild toad ride, in the land of medical madness.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #186
Chef Extraordinaire

Babe, this makes me so angry and so sad.Do no harm, what a crock...Were I her daughter i'd be making so much noise they would throw me out. If it were in my power to do anything at all I would. All I can do is continue to pray for Wallie. She is blessed to have a friend such as you.
kades
Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #187
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
This thread is the main reason I check to see progress. It IS positive to know there is A change. I will surely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So many are thinking of you babe, and that truly makes a difference.

I thank you for keeping us informed of how your friend is doing. With all this support I am sure you can feel it. Be strong, babe.

Oh, how is Thomas doing?

thomas is just fine. he is my bud. he was so good when i was sick , just stayed in bed with me. didn't pester to play or anything. but boy he is glad i am feeling better, he is practically skipping when he goes out to sun room with me. one of the reasons i have to live at least five more years. he will be ten years olds then and can just go with me. silly but has to be considered.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #188
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
thomas is just fine. he is my bud. he was so good when i was sick , just stayed in bed with me. didn't pester to play or anything. but boy he is glad i am feeling better, he is practically skipping when he goes out to sun room with me. one of the reasons i have to live at least five more years. he will be ten years olds then and can just go with me. silly but has to be considered.
babe
How I can so relate to that feeling! We never want to let our 'friends' go! It is truly beautiful to hear how you have such a close relationship with Thomas. As you said one of our reasons for living.

Thanks for letting me know Thomas is happy, which means you are the same! All is well! You both are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #189
Chef Extraordinaire

daughter filed an appeal today. will keep you posted.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #190
Chef Extraordinaire

update: one of the doctors (lung) told daughter that they should pull the trach. he said she has no quality of life. daughter is against it , of course. she needs to think of what wallie would want. she is not better, she is not going to get better. it has been seven months and no progress in the breathing process. she is very brain injured. about 37 percent the doctor says.

i am a realist , she needs to let go of guilt and do what is right. i love my friend, but that person in the bed, is not my friend. she left long ago. yes i am sad, but we talked of this many times and what we did not want. she would not want this life.