My friend is very ill.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
:(my friend Wallie is in the hospital. she had neck surgery on wed. they had to use crash cart this am. now she has a feeding tube , etc. 102 temp.

she is 74 and in fairly good health before this. has fluid in lungs as well. not a smoker so that is not a factor.

pray or think or send karma to her please. we have been friends for 45 years. i would miss her so much if she dies.

i tried to do this before. wrote a book, really it was Lengthy when i went to post it . said to short. had to go out, come back in and start over.

am reported this to monitors.

thank you:(

Oh Babe, I am so sorry to hear about Wallie. I hope she is not afraid and in pain, and that you have been able to see her and let her know how much you love her. I will certainly be sending hope and healing in your direction.

Babe,good thoughts,prayers, well wishes, karma, all coming your Wallie's way.Will hold you both close in my heart..
kadesma

thank you all so much for the positive thoughts. about four this afternoon she jerked out all the tubes and knocked a nurse to the floor. wallie is about five feet and if she weighs ninty pounds, i would be surprised. i think the drugs are making her nuts. she told her daughter they were trying to kill her and that daughter was in on it. sounds like morphine to me. they put her on antivan and so far so good. i will probably go back up tomorrow. transportation is so hard for me, but will take a cab if i have to. did a little searching on line and found out the not being able to swallow is quite commom with this surgery. as well as lung problems. now they are calling in pneumonia and giving antibiotics. can only wait and see. going to bed and hope i can sleep.

babetoo - my thoughts and prayers are with your friend, her family, and you!! Please keep us informed and know we are here if you need us.

you and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers.
i will light a candle for her.

img_823851_0_36abf2ea4fa7b9369f6aa37d4107321b.gif

babe, thinking of you and sending out prayers for Wallie.

Yes, not everyone responds to drugs the way they're "supposed" to. I will hope they find the right combination for her to get well.

my gentle friend is now being restrained. she pulled everything out again and fell , banging her head. i know it is for her safety but seems so sad. they keep asking daughter is her mom suffers from dementia. not til she went in hospital she wasn't. i don't think she is now, just lots of drugs and her tolerance is very low. now she has pneumonia so more antibiotics. i didn't go today. she would not like me to see her trussed up like a christmas turkey.

it has to start getting better. the doctor said the surgery was just fine, that these are health issues, duh. it is not wonder older people don't trust doctors anymore.

i feel if daughter had brought her home on friday, they wanted her to, that it might be different. she said no room for walker and oxygen. balder dash. her aunt lived in that mobil home in a wheel chair. i used a walker in mine when i broke my foot. she just did not want to care for her.

thanks for letting me sound off. and thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts.

babe

babe - hopefully when they ween her off the pain meds she'll settle back down. That has to be very frightening for everyone involved. Hugs to you!

thanks everyone. my wally is now in ICU , will be on respirator soon. the pneumonia is now in both lungs. she is still in restraints. i am very sad and worried. i feel she has been dieing since the surgery and that it is simply a matter of time.

babe

wally is still in ICU. she is on heart meds. blood pressure meds (it shot way up) oxygen by some kind pak thing. will take that off soon so she can cough. then will be a respirator. they took of pak thing and oxygen level went to 60.

i googled several aspects of this situation. not a rosy outlook. the pneumonia, the heart are common in this kind of surgery in older people.

she still says they are trying to kill her and daughter is in on it. dr. says that is dementia caused by lack of oxygen. all of it scares the hell out of me.

I'm sending you & Wallie lots of positive thoughts, 45 years is such a long time to be friends...stay strong x

Back
Top Bottom