"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
^^^ Speaking of Von's cards or whatever other supermarket club cards are concerned, I can't imagine paying non-club card prices on a lot of items these markets sell. Some of these prices are over inflated. Do people actually end up paying these ridiculously high prices? I hope not. I've seen cashiers take the discounts anyway for non-card carrying customers.
If we don't show our card, the cashiers ask if we have one. If someone doesn't have their card with them, the cashier uses one they have there, or the people behind them offer theirs if the cashier doesn't pull hers out fast enough.

Barbara
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #12
Master Chef
 
Vanilla Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
If we don't show our card, the cashiers ask if we have one. If someone doesn't have their card with them, the cashier uses one they have there, or the people behind them offer theirs if the cashier doesn't pull hers out fast enough.

Barbara
If I don't have my card, I just give the cashier my phone number. It's on file.


Recently, I found a few great bargains.... mushrooms, cabbage, green peppers, and milk.
__________________

__________________
A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
If I don't have my card, I just give the cashier my phone number. It's on file.


Recently, I found a few great bargains.... mushrooms, cabbage, green peppers, and milk.
Yeah, that works too.

As far buying produce I never ever buy them at supermarkets. Even when on sale, they'll still almost always more expensive than our corner Asian market.
__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Master Chef
 
Vanilla Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Yeah, that works too.

As far buying produce I never ever buy them at supermarkets. Even when on sale, they'll still almost always more expensive than our corner Asian market.
I know what you mean. There is an asian market in town, but I have never been there yet. I guess I go with convenience and go down the street. There is also a HUGE grocery store called WinCo. That is where I have purchased produce often. Sometimes, that was the only reason I went there.
__________________

__________________
A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.