My house sold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I promise I'll post a photo as soon as I can!

Elf and GB, I remember always hearing about delicious acorn recipes from all the native americans that lived here originally. So, I found you a nice one:

Cherokee Acorn Bread

Yield: 1 Loaf

1 c Acorn meal
1 c Flour
2 T Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
3 T Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 c Milk
3 T Oil
Sift together, acorn meal, white flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
In separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, and oil.
Combine dry ingredients and liquid ingredients.
Stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
Pour into a greased pan and bake at 400F. for 30 minutes.

Thanks for the recipe jkath!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Congrats, J!

That's really exciting news and I am very happy for you. Once you get settled, let us know when you'll be having your housewarming :) .

Positive

I knew you would, didn't I tell you? Sure didn't take long at all You seem like you enjoyed your old home and was anxious for a change. Hope you have happiness in the new one and have good neighbors. I am sure you will since the house itself appeals to you. You will be very busy I am sure and take care that you don't wear yourself out. Being happy does that. May the joy you had in the old home be moved into the new one. I was hoping for your success. YOu made it! Stay positive!

Last edited:
quick update: we had the home inspection and I got to meet the people I'm buying the house from. They are so nice that I wish they were staying on as neighbors :)
I found that the unknown fruits were 2 giant plum trees, 2 strawberry guavas and an asian pear tree. Woo hoo!

jkath said:
I found that the unknown fruits were 2 giant plum trees, 2 strawberry guavas and an asian pear tree. Woo hoo!

I'm so envious!:mrgreen: Be sure you let me know when you make goodies with them so I can live vicariously!

Back
Top Bottom