My house sold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
After 8 years, my house will have a new owner.

Even better, is that we got the house we wanted. It is very welcoming and I can't wait to call it home. One of the key factors: many fruit trees! :mrgreen: Sadly, no avocado tree.:(

It looks like we'll be moving around Halloween time.

THAT'S GREAT!!!!!:w00t2:

I'm so excited for you jkath!! That's one heck of a Christmas present. oh, you get to decorate a new place. That's always exciting. Im really happy for you!! Have fun!

Thank you! Actually, I consider it a birthday gift (it's sooner, and because my husband let me pick it out!)

That's right, yours is in novermber too.
Well, I just hope you have lots and lots of fun decorating for the holidays!

That's great, jkath!!! How exciting (except the packing and moving part-ugh)! Maybe you can plant an avocado tree?

Congratulations jkath! You can always plant a few avocado trees, right? I am so envious of you guys in California with all your fruit trees!! You need some acorns? I have plenty of those! lol

kitchenelf said:
Congratulations jkath! You can always plant a few avocado trees, right? I am so envious of you guys in California with all your fruit trees!! You need some acorns? I have plenty of those! lol

Actually we have little oak trees popping up everywhere from the scrub jays that hide acorns in the grass!

From what I can gather, the new house has:
2 lemon
1 orange
at least 3 apples
1 fig
2 crabapples
2 unknown so far
1 possible loquat

(and that's just from what I can remember) :)
Sierra, I will post a photo once I get a good one (without the 'for sale' sign in front!)

nope, typical so cal yard. The fruit trees are planted around the perimeter of the backyard's grass.
Today I'm off to IKEA to price some stuff for the house. I'm getting excited!

And, when we move in a few weeks, no doubt I'll be asking for crabapple recipes, since I've never had one...and there are a ton on the plants!

It's so much fun moving into a new home. Packing isnt so much fun, but the unpacking and decorating are a blast. I envy you with all those fruit trees, especially the lemon and orange trees. Best of luck in your new home!

Congratulations, jkath. It looks like all the work you've been doing paid off, and fast, too! Like all the other east coasters, I'm envious of your fruit trees--you'll have so much fun with them!

Elf, she's taking my acorns first!!!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom