My Husband Cut My Hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
Earlier this week, I put my hair in a pony tail and chopped it all off, about 15 + inches. I did this myself, not at a beauty shop! hehehe But it was for a good cause, to donate to Locks of Love. It ended up a little uneven, but decent.

Tonight, I got a step bolder, and let DH use a set of clippers to cut my hair. heheheh It was really fun!! I look totally different, but liberated! No more little baby hairs blowing into my face!!!:ROFLMAO:

Wow!! That's a huge change. =) I'm glad that your hair went to a good cause (my girlfriend's daughter did the same thing; it was only about 10-inches worth though!). I can just about imagine how light your head feels. And washing your hair has to feel trippy too.

:heart:
Z

Z, yes, I only use a fraction of the shampoo. Best thing, I can rub my head all day, and my hair doesn't get tangled and still looks the same!!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I found before and after pictures...I don't think he did that bad of a job.

Before:

After:

hehe I'm glad you like it.

This reminds me of a story my Mom and Aunt tell.

My mom was a hairdresser and she was forever cutting relative's and friend's hair. When my cousin DeeDee was close to turning four she begged her mom (my mom's sister) to let her get her hair cut short. After many conversations between DeeDee and her mom they finally agreed to have it done. DeeDee had never had short hair, it hung way down to the middle of her back.

My mom chopped it. In a "pixie" if that rings any bells ... Anyway, when they held DeeDee up so that she could look at herself in the bathroom mirror she got a funny look on her face and started to cry. She was scared; she didn't recognize who she was! It took them awhile to convince her that that was really her looking back!

Z

we need more people like you, htc. donating your hair was very generous of you.:)
you have a nice jawline; the short hair emphasizes it nicely.
i got my hair cut 6 years ago but it's been long again for the past 4 or 5. it was so neat the first few times i washed it cause it was just so different and i loved when the wind blew on it and stuff. i'd be confused for a minute (hey, what happened to my hair?!:blink: ). it grew in sooo fast, though.
if you grow yours out again, a tip: i used to wear silk scarves wrapped around the whole top of my head when my hair was in-between and they worked very nicely.
BTW, BRAVE of you to let hubs cut it for you, lol! i go to the most posh dayspa in the city to get my hair done cause i am so fretful about people fussing with my hair. if they're not employees at that's spa's salon, i'm scared!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Zereh said:
My mom chopped it. In a "pixie" if that rings any bells ... Anyway, when they held DeeDee up so that she could look at herself in the bathroom mirror she got a funny look on her face and started to cry. She was scared; she didn't recognize who she was! It took them awhile to convince her that that was really her looking back!

Z

LOL I had a Pixie!! I was about6 or 7. I cried too:LOL:
All the older kids in the neighborhood called me a little boy for the longest time, changed their attitude when we all grew up though:ROFLMAO:

HTC, first, your hair looks great. It DOES accent your face very well.
Second,THANKYOU!!!!
My mom had to wear a wig when she went through chemo. She lost all of her hair and cried for a while when it happened. She didn't like the idea of wearing a wig, since wearing one went out of style.{She used to wear them in the 70's, she had the styrofoam heads with about 3 of them, scared me to death too:LOL: } She was given one with real hair and it made her so happy!! It helped boost your spirits, because, noone knew that it wasn't her real hair. So many people don't realize what something that little can do to someone that is sick and has to wear the wig. Especially women. God Bless you and everyone else that does this!! So little of a thing means more than words can say!

Last edited:
Your hair cut looks GREAT htc. My best friend, Abbie, just got her hair cut. Before, it was down almost to the small of her back, and she got it cut off, ALL of it, to her anyway, and it's now above her shoulders, with layers. She donated what she got cut to Locks of Love.

Right before school starts, I'm gonna get mine cut off too, and donate it. I have had this planned for the longest time, to get my hair cut, but I didn't want to waste hair that someone esle could use. I didn't want my desires to be worthless. So, I have been growing my hair out for a while, and it's almost ready to cut.

Back to the cancer thing. The lady, Amy, who cuts my hair for me has been battling cancer for a while. She lost her hair, long and blonde, in her fight. She wanted to help people who were going through the same thing as she was. I don't know if there is a program like this in your area, but she started a program, in our area, called "Look Good, Feel Better." It was a program of the American Cancer Society, but it was never in our area, or anywhere near. What it is, is a program just for women, who in the past, or are currently battling cancer. We have all seen the effects cancer and chemotherapy can have on people. The color of their skin changes, and most noticably, their hair falls out. In this program, these woman get together every week, with others who have gone through the same thing, and get pampered. They get to see options, other than wigs, that are out there, but not only that. They get taught, by people like and including Amy, how to fix your hair when it starts coming back in, how to apply makeup, and lots of other things, that may seem simple to us, but to them, it's like working with angels. It is like one big support group for these women. They come and share the good things and the bad things that have happened to them recently, and everyone know how it feels, because they have been there.

Like I said, I don't know if you have a program like this in your community, but if you don't, you may want to contact your local ACS representative to see about starting one. I know how much this means to those ladies.

If this sounds like too big of a step for you, try joining a Relay for Life team. I am the co-captain my county 4-H's Relay team, and I'll tell ya, it makes you feel great when the survivors take there walk and cry when the luminarias are read. To be a part of this is an amazing thing, and I highly reccomend being a part of this wonderful thing.

If you have any questions about Locks of Love, Look Good, Feel Better, or Relay for Life, you can contact the ACS at-

http://www.cancer.org
1-800-ACS-2345

Don't hesitate, make a difference. I did, and I feel GREAT!

Blondie, your only 15???
You have a very good heart, stay that way. Good for you, for the hair and your relays!

Thanks for all the support guys. I was really afraid I looked too "boyish" and my head is too big. (I always have to get the huge eyeglass frame or sunglasses).

That's so funny that kids will cry because they don't realize it's them! I guess I would too!! :LOL:

Also thank you for the personal stories. I know in my mind that the hair goes to a good cause, but hearing first hand makes me feel so good. (in a tearing up sort of way...:) )

It looks good on you. Nice and cool, easy care for the hot summer.

One of my best friends has done that several times. In fact hers is growing out now fromthe last time she donated hers.

Back
Top Bottom