"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Would it help if I put on a gray wig and a hat and some glasses to pass off as a tiny little old lady?
That may help. Just don't have NY license plates.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #22
Executive Chef

I also have been trying to Hy-per Mile as well we live in the mountains so I take advantage of coasting down hill and just barely hitting the gas pedal going up hill but still keeping in the speed limit not to slow people down. I do all the other stuff but no turning off engine. There are people who have contests to see who can go the longest on a gallon of gas. I read somewhere that AC in cars made after 2000 do not really affect your mileage. I must have my AC as well.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #23
Head Chef

I drive a 18 yr old Nissan truck 4 cyl. and if I drive the speed limit every thin on the road passes me as if I was going backwards, including a old Amish man with his horse and buggy. I has been proven that if you drive faster than 60 miles /hr that you loose mileage. Here in Des Moines it feels like it is hot laps for Indi. all hours of the day
I average 25 miles in city and 28-29 on the highway. Now I know the old 55 mph was distasteful to all most every body BUT IT DID SAVE A MAJOR BUNCH OF GAS. and if this price for gas keeps going up I bet it gits put back into effect, I can barley afford to go to the store. The joy of Social Security ( IE ) I don't feel secure
Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 AM   #24
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
that is why I love motorcycles. I average almost 80mpg, and CHEAP to fill.
80! What kind of bike? My Nighthawk (750cc) only gets 40 if I don't ride it too hard.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #25
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
My Bali, solely used as a commuter, it is a 150cc(laugh all you want, lol)with a big bore kit. The weekend cruiser is more like 44mpg
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
My Bali, solely used as a commuter, it is a 150cc(laugh all you want, lol)with a big bore kit. The weekend cruiser is more like 44mpg
LOL. You must look real tough on that with all those tatts. LOL.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #27
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
that's what the cruiser is for. :D the bali is when I am in chef wear.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #28
Executive Chef

I just got a gas powered motor kit to put on a Scwinn Hybrid Cruiser bicycle. Still waiting for the bike. My motor is 80cc and is supposed to get 150 miles per gallon. It can go up to 40 miles per hour. The bike is only a three speed but you can turn on motor when the pedaling gets too hard or just just to cruise around. The gas tank holds 1/2 gallon. So I should get 75 miles per tank.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #29
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I just got a gas powered motor kit to put on a Scwinn Hybrid Cruiser bicycle. Still waiting for the bike. My motor is 80cc and is supposed to get 150 miles per gallon. It can go up to 40 miles per hour. The bike is only a three speed but you can turn on motor when the pedaling gets too hard or just just to cruise around. The gas tank holds 1/2 gallon. So I should get 75 miles per tank.
that is totally bad apples dude. i wanna see pics of this....
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
that is totally bad apples dude. i wanna see pics of this....
Mine will look like the Bare Bones model
Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Showroom