My Kitchen Is Almost Complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rickell said:
I love my tops too, My kids have chipped mine in two spots.

A heavy glass fell out of their hands when putting the dishes away and
hit the edge and chipped the top pretty good. Then another accident while
washing the pots.

Did they tell you if you could fix chips? Our tops were installed by the builder and we have not been able to get in touch with him I think he moved to Arizona. My thoughts are we can't fill the chips.

I love the tops they are so pretty and I do not worry about the hot
pans or cutting on them.

You know I'm not sure. Seems like they said that it could. If it occured I'd have to call Home Depot and have them get in touch with the manufacturer. You might try calling them and seeing if they can help you out.

I can't wait to get my kitchen done. Or even started for that matter !
I did paint but that's all we've done so far. Went from an off white to a caramel color. Really pretty.

middie said:
I can't wait to get my kitchen done. Or even started for that matter !
I did paint but that's all we've done so far. Went from an off white to a caramel color. Really pretty.

Do show............I love kitchen pics. Anyone else care to join in or even start a thread?

Your kitchen looks great Sizz, you must be really proud and I am envious!!:)
We are more than likely to relocate to a flat with a big kitchen in the early part of next year and we are planning a complete remodelling too... we are already excited about the idea!

Thanks everyone! Took a lot of years of hard work on our old house to be able to be able to have a new kitchen in this one we just bought (profit after selling). I always dreamed of having a big kitchen and I knew this would probably be my last time to completely gut one and start from scratch.

vagriller said:
Here you go.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/kitchen-pics-before-and-after-24661.html

About the concrete countertops, I am referring to something that looks like the ones in the link below. They are colored whatever flavor you like and then sealed, so they should be as durable as granite.

http://www.decorative-concrete.net/countertops_diy2.php

Thanks for the idea, for we're in the midst of planning to replace the countertops in our kitchen, and to refinish a 20-year old comprehensive set of dark-oak cabinets. The D-I-Y concrete countertop might just be what the doctor had ordered. I'm the factotum around here (both in the kitchen and in the workshop). Looks like a good month-long project in the Spring. In the meantime, I'm busy refitting, and refinishing an oak double-vanity into a custom-built-in buffet in our dining room.

akwx

Thanks! DH is working on the Dining Room/Family Room right off from it. He took yesterday off to mud and sand the walls and is doing the same today. I still have the few things in the Kitchen left to do but I'm holding off till DH gets the other 2 rooms done and I decide on the paint color. I'd hate to paint the trim in the kitchen and put it up only to decide it didn't work for the ajoining rooms. I'd already stained that trim once but once I got it up and lived with it for awhile I decided I didn't like it. So needless to say I have no intention of painting it twice.

Back
Top Bottom