My Kitchen Is Almost Complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Just some small stuff left to do.........put up the trim and hang the new valance and wood blind. Oh.....and a few small rugs and thats it. I have some pics but it won't let me upload them..........says they exceed the size limit???

thanks!~Yes everything is all new in there. I have pics but I can't upload them the site is saying they exceed the size requirements.

Sizzlin,
Send them to me and I will resize them. OR better yet, upload them to a site like photobucket or flickr and then just post a link.

Looking good! I see you have a rooster. Do you collect them? Everything is very nice and I'm sure you will enjoy cooking there.

Thanks.....I love it! I worked my tale off in the other house to get a huge profit in order for us to really fix the next one up the way I wanted it since its our last one.

No I don't collect Roosters.....I've thought of it but I'm what they call eclectic......If I see something I like I work it into my decor. However, I have started collecting Frankoma Pottery and putting it above my kitchen cabinets.

Thanks everyone! I love to cook but its even better in a kitchen you helped create. I'm still playing around with the decor though and it will ultimately change. We're working on the ajoining room now (dining room/family room). I'll be absolutely thrilled when its done as this whole L shaped area (kitchen, dining room and family room) is where we'll spend most of our time and where people will gather when we have get togethers.

SizzlininIN said:
Thanks everyone! I love to cook but its even better in a kitchen you helped create. I'm still playing around with the decor though and it will ultimately change. We're working on the ajoining room now (dining room/family room). I'll be absolutely thrilled when its done as this whole L shaped area (kitchen, dining room and family room) is where we'll spend most of our time and where people will gather when we have get togethers.

Let's get real. People will gather in the kitchen! They always do.

SizzlininIN said:
Thanks.....I love it! I worked my tale off in the other house to get a huge profit in order for us to really fix the next one up the way I wanted it since its our last one.

No I don't collect Roosters.....I've thought of it but I'm what they call eclectic......If I see something I like I work it into my decor. However, I have started collecting Frankoma Pottery and putting it above my kitchen cabinets.

Very pretty! What's Frankoma Pottery?

thier1754 said:
Very pretty! What's Frankoma Pottery?
Per (http://www.frankoma.com/)
Frankoma is one of the largest remaining potteries in the
United States. We produce a wide variety of items including
Dinnerware, Bakeware, Gifts, Custom /Corporate Identity
objects, Collectibles and private label items. Our terra cotta
clay actually comes from our own source at Sugar Loaf Hill
about a mile from our factory store and plant in Sapulpa Oklahoma. Everything we make is hand crafted by accomplished master artisans who understand the value and importance of our tradition of producing fine products in America.

I just discovered this about 2 months ago in a local antique mart that I go to. I was just wandering around and in 4 different booths these pieces caught my eye. I'd never seen nor heard of Frankoma before. I talked to the antique dealer and he said they are trinkling in from the south and are collectible. After buying several of the pieces I came home and looked it up on the web and found the above. I also discovered that Paula Dean is using their pottery on her show this season. Personally, I like the brown and tan toned ones.​

looks great

I love all the wood what type of counter tops granite? I have granite
and the pictures look like my tops.

What is the first think you cooked in your new kitchen?

rickell said:
I love all the wood what type of counter tops granite? I have granite
and the pictures look like my tops.

What is the first think you cooked in your new kitchen?

Yes its granite and I love it. I love how I can take a pan off the stove and put it right on it. I highly recommend this type of countertop.

Our first meal was Chicken Piccata if memory serves me right.

2 things I'd do over in the kitchen if I could go back though. 1. Get the real hardwood flooring vs. the laminate. Laminate is too soft. 2. Get the all stainless steel stove vs. the one that is stainless steel with a black top. The black top really shows dust, smears, etc....

Can't wait to see your pics vagriller. I love to see pictures of peoples kitchens.

granite

I love my tops too, My kids have chipped mine in two spots.

A heavy glass fell out of their hands when putting the dishes away and
hit the edge and chipped the top pretty good. Then another accident while
washing the pots.

Did they tell you if you could fix chips? Our tops were installed by the builder and we have not been able to get in touch with him I think he moved to Arizona. My thoughts are we can't fill the chips.

I love the tops they are so pretty and I do not worry about the hot
pans or cutting on them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom