My last thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
I'm sending this because my last post was incoherent and confusing. This is because my bipolare disorder has worsend. It's very distressing, and when it gets to the stage where I get muddled, it's hell and difficult to cope with. This is the third attempt to try to get through to you without any mistakes, and it hasn't worked. Please forgive me. I'll contact you again, because you're important to me.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I'm sending this because my last post was incoherent and confusing. This is because my bipolare disorder has worsend. It's very distressing, and when it gets to the stage where I get muddled, it's hell and difficult to cope with. This is the third attempt to try to get through to you without any mistakes, and it hasn't worked. Please forgive me. I'll contact you again, because you're important to me.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde
(((Hugs))) and feel better soon.

Hi Di, my best friend has a friend who has bi polar, he gets a call about once a year to pick him up and take to a mental health unit. He gets his meds altered then fits back in again. I'm picking you have a good doc. Go and see them. The guy I know leads an ordinary life when he's ok. He works full time as well. Pm me if you wish to discuss this.

Hope to se you back

Russ

My sister in law has bi-polar depression. Add to that that she's bi-sexual. Add to that she's very attractive. Add to that she really doesn't like taking drugs to even her out. Woe is poor pitiful me.

Wtf does that mean, Cas? And what does her looks, or orientation have to do with anything?

You appear to need just as much or more help.

I'm sorry for your despair, di. Hang in there. Better days are ahead. Life always works in various types of cycles, so while it may seem to be a deep downturn now, the next turn is a good long up.
Everything always equals out.

Last edited:
Wtf does that mean, Cas? And what does her looks, or orientation have to do with anything?

You appear to need just as much or more help.

I'm sorry for your despair, di. Hang in there. Better days are ahead. Life always works in various types of cycles, so while it may seem to be a deep downturn now, the next turn is a good long up.
Everything always equals out.

Yeah, Caslon's post hit me the same way. WTF?

As for di reston, take care of yourself, and don't cut off all ties to people, even people you only know on a forum.

CD

Cas, don't ever try to be funny again.

Ever!

Yeah to Casey's sentiment; don't ever feel like an online swansong is permanent.

I've known a few drama queens (with deep hearted best intentions) that have left in everything from a whimper to a bang, in grand flourishment, aaaand they came back.

No biggie.

See you soon.

Last edited:
Cas, don't ever try to be funny again.

Ever!

Yeah to Casey's sentiment; don't ever feel like an online swansong is permanent.

I've known a few drama queens (with deep hearted best intentions) that have left in everything from a whimper to a bang, in grand flourishment, aaaand they came back.

No biggie.

See you soon.

Oh ya, oh ya, oh ya? Don't tell me how to be. Disregard or ignore. Choose.

Last edited:
Oh ya, oh ya, oh ya? Don't tell me how to be. Disregard or ignore. Choose.

Listen to Buckytom. He is an expert on not being funny. :ermm: :mrgreen:

I take meds for GAD and OCD. I'm not a Millennial snowflake drama queen. I can function without them, but function a lot better with them. Bi-polar disorder is a very real thing. It is a real medical condition. No different than high blood pressure or diabetes.

I don't know your SIL, but being "very attractive" doesn't make her immune to bi-polar disorder. She may be just a drama queen, or not. I don't know. I prefer to leave that determination up to people with "MD" after their names.

CD

Di Reston, my youngest daughter was bipolar. Only, the medical field did not have a name for it. Nor any treatment. When she was in one of her down times, life was hell for the rest of the family. But when she was in one of her up moods and she was a delight to be around. It just took patience on the part of the family to remember, "And this too shall pass."

At least today they recognize it and have treatment for it. Good Luck. Just remember, "And this too shall pass." :angel:

I'm sending this because my last post was incoherent and confusing....I'll contact you again, because you're important to me...
I, for one, hope you are back soon, di. Sending good thoughts for you to find help with your issues and success with managing your condition. As others pointed out, it can be done. Hoping your doctor has you feeling fine soon. Take care.

I, for one, hope you are back soon, di. Sending good thoughts for you to find help with your issues and success with managing your condition. As others pointed out, it can be done. Hoping your doctor has you feeling fine soon. Take care.

Me too! One of the great things about this forum is that we have people from all over the world as members. I love hearing how people cook in other parts of the globe.

Take care, and come back when you feel up to it.

CD

di. we just can't lose you. We really need that authentic Italian response to our muddled minds. When you post an authentic Italian recipe, then we compare it to the American version, what a difference. Thank you so much for all you have already shared with us.

Back
Top Bottom