My Laundry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
middie said:
corazon it's the laundry monsters i tell you !!!!!!!!!

This is a close relative of the sock monster who I have mentioned previously, it steals one of every pair of socks and hides them away not to reappear until you throw the remaining sock out!
Has anyone else noticed that the volume of washing increases dramatically when a child is made to clean their room??? My oldest has actually been caught putting folded washing in the wash basket rather than put it away !!

mrsmac said:
This is a close relative of the sock monster who I have mentioned previously, it steals one of every pair of socks and hides them away not to reappear until you throw the remaining sock out!
Has anyone else noticed that the volume of washing increases dramatically when a child is made to clean their room??? My oldest has actually been caught putting folded washing in the wash basket rather than put it away !!
Sneaky little rascal HUH?:LOL: My kids use to just stuff it under the bed, then whine about needing clean cloths..Funny, I just wshed them last saturday HUM:LOL:
kadesma, they now wash their own:ROFLMAO:

I know what I DO like to do - I like to take the sheets and blankets out of the dryer - pile them on the sofa then crawl under them!!!!! It's such a little kid thing to do but I still love to do it!

kitchenelf said:
I know what I DO like to do - I like to take the sheets and blankets out of the dryer - pile them on the sofa then crawl under them!!!!! It's such a little kid thing to do but I still love to do it!

lol i do the same thing!! i love warm sheets and blankets. .. i also love it when i hang my stuff outside and bring it in from the fresh air. . .not as good but still nice

I disagree. I think fresh air, particularly during seasonal changes, creates a FAR preferable scent then the warmth of the dryer (or dryer sheets).

kitchenelf said:

kitchenelf, I love fresh sheets and blankets just out of the dryer. They smell so good. There is nothing like snuggling into a bed made with freshly washed sheets and blankets. :)

TC empties the dishwasher for me & if it's towels that need folding he & Savannah do that. Z, I'll come fold & put away your laundry if you'll come here & help hubby with our yard sale tomorrow. We'll be putting things out starting around 6:30 in the morning. Deal?

Don't care much about the dishwasher ... truth be told, by the time you rinse and load it just right, you could have washed it. At this point in my life, though, I live in a very old house, and can only do small loads of laundry. It is a P in the A. No biggie in the winter, but in the summer ... what a pain.

crewsk said:
TC empties the dishwasher for me & if it's towels that need folding he & Savannah do that. Z, I'll come fold & put away your laundry if you'll come here & help hubby with our yard sale tomorrow. We'll be putting things out starting around 6:30 in the morning. Deal?

I'll come! I love garage sales. Running them
and going to them!!:)

I don't like yard sales either they are a pain in the neck. Usually if I have things to get rid of I dump it all out at our local St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Store. Easier.

I really, really love the memory of crisp sheets off the line when I was a child living in Nevada. I remember Mom actually complaining about them ... they'd come off so crisp from the desert air that the rustling of the sheets woke her up at night when they turned over. I still LOVE sheets that have been hung out to dry, even though I don't have a clothesline (the only part of my yard that has enough sun is smack dab in front .... and I live in a historic district where they pay attention to such things.... hmmm, come to think of it, what could be more historically accurate. No, no, no, don't want my linens hanging out for the world to see!!!)

Back
Top Bottom