"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
My son had to have surgery today to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He had been having a lot of trouble breathing at night because his tonsils were so large. This morning he woke up so excited about his surgery that you would have though he was going to Disney World. He was a champ through the whole surgery which took all of 10 minutes. We could not believe how fast they do it now. They had warned us that when the kids wake up they often wake up crying. Osher was silent. He did not cry once. He was such a tough little man. I was so proud of him today!

Right now he is resting comfortably and taking advantage of the unlimited freeze pop, jello, ice cream, and other soft yummy treats policy that has been temporarily put in place. His sister has not been shy in taking advantage of it as well
He's quite the trooper!

I had mine out when I was 3 1/2. Back then you had to stay overnight in the hospital before and after. My lingering memory of the event was the unlimited strawberry ice cream with which I was indulged.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Bless his little heart!

I had mine out when I was 19 years old and I'd rather have another hysterectomy than go through that again. There was a little boy who had his out the same day and he was running up and down the hospital hall way that night having a big time. Kids !!!

i was the same age when i had mine out. just awful, awake in a dentist type chair. while getting better, my ears hurt like crazy.if i had known would not have done.

good for this little guy. i am so glad it was easy for him