My little boy had his tonsils out today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My son had to have surgery today to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He had been having a lot of trouble breathing at night because his tonsils were so large. This morning he woke up so excited about his surgery that you would have though he was going to Disney World. He was a champ through the whole surgery which took all of 10 minutes. We could not believe how fast they do it now. They had warned us that when the kids wake up they often wake up crying. Osher was silent. He did not cry once. He was such a tough little man. I was so proud of him today!

Right now he is resting comfortably and taking advantage of the unlimited freeze pop, jello, ice cream, and other soft yummy treats policy that has been temporarily put in place. His sister has not been shy in taking advantage of it as well ;)

Attachments

• Osher minus tonsils.jpg
    Osher minus tonsils.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 186
GB said:
My son had to have surgery today to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He had been having a lot of trouble breathing at night because his tonsils were so large. This morning he woke up so excited about his surgery that you would have though he was going to Disney World. He was a champ through the whole surgery which took all of 10 minutes. We could not believe how fast they do it now. They had warned us that when the kids wake up they often wake up crying. Osher was silent. He did not cry once. He was such a tough little man. I was so proud of him today!

Right now he is resting comfortably and taking advantage of the unlimited freeze pop, jello, ice cream, and other soft yummy treats policy that has been temporarily put in place. His sister has not been shy in taking advantage of it as well ;)

Oh, what a sweetie! Such a brave little guy! So glad everything worked out well, GB.

As we left he asked if his tonsils are out. We told him that yes they were gone. His response was "That was fun" :LOL:

Imagine how he'll react when you take him to Disney World! :LOL:

Reactions: GB
As we left he asked if his tonsils are out. We told him that yes they were gone. His response was "That was fun" :LOL:

Sweet son you have GB. :)

Tell him sometimes they will grow back. He can do it again! :LOL:

Bless his little heart!

I had mine out when I was 19 years old and I'd rather have another hysterectomy than go through that again. :wacko: There was a little boy who had his out the same day and he was running up and down the hospital hall way that night having a big time. Kids !!! :ROFLMAO:

I remember when kids were able to take their tonsils to school for show and tell, in a jar! Never had mine out, but I was so envious of those who did.

Aww, I am glad Osher came through it so well. What a trooper!

My younger nephew had real problems with his tonsils and ear infections when he was four. This was about 30 years ago and they were putting tubes in kid's ears for drainage. The surgeon did the two procedures at the same time.

His older brother (all of about 6 at the time) proudly told anyone who would listen that his brother had his tonsils taken out through his ears! :ermm::LOL:

That is so funny. What a brave little guy!

Bless his little heart!

I had mine out when I was 19 years old and I'd rather have another hysterectomy than go through that again. :wacko: There was a little boy who had his out the same day and he was running up and down the hospital hall way that night having a big time. Kids !!! :ROFLMAO:

I was five. I remember unlimited Popsicles!

When they gave him the sleepy red stuff did he get all loopy n goofy? DD did, it was a real giggle for us to watch.
On a serious note, you will notice that he will grow faster now, as growth hormones are released during REM sleep in children.

He got gas so he was out in about 2 seconds. He was pretty loopy when he woke though.

Thanks Vitauta. You are too sweet.

Aww, I am glad Osher came through it so well. What a trooper!

My younger nephew had real problems with his tonsils and ear infections when he was four. This was about 30 years ago and they were putting tubes in kid's ears for drainage. The surgeon did the two procedures at the same time.

His older brother (all of about 6 at the time) proudly told anyone who would listen that his brother had his tonsils taken out through his ears! :ermm::LOL:

Thanks for the belly-laugh, Laurie! Oh my! I'm still losing it! "Through his ears!":ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I love kids. They always have something to say that will make me laugh!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom