"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #51
Senior Cook

Claire, I'm so glad to read you got your beloved pooch back.

We had a 9 month old black lab get loose, never to return. I went around with a hole in my heart for 3 months until we got another black lab, 15 months old.

We then invested in an Invisible Fence since we didn't have a regular fence. I could do an informercial for Invisible Fence. It is wonderful!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #52
Master Chef

awwww, claire. you're poochie is with her Mom again!

Old 05-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #53
Senior Cook

I hope you find her. I have my fingers crossed for you and your doggie.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #54
Executive Chef

Oh Claire, lhow wonderful! I know your heart is overlowing with joy.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #55
DC Grandma

I am so happy for your family and for your furbaby. I know she was so lost without you, now she will get better with your love.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #56
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Claire, I can only echo everyone's sentiments that have been already expressed... hugs to you and your brave doggie!!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I think it's great that she was found !!!!!!! My heart is full of joy after reading this. I can only imagine the joy you must be feeling.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #58
Executive Chef

Lost Dog

Claire, how is your dog doing? I have been thinking about him since he had been gone and found again! What a feeling! Hope everything is getting back to normal.

I don't know what is happening around my neighborhood but last Monday I had to go to vet to put my dog down. Yesterday, Monday my neighbor was crying so hard because she was going to take her dog to the vet. Before that my other neighbor had to give up her pets. Since I am medicated w/some kind of antidepression pills I hardly cry but I know t he loss. Guess this medicat ion is working cause my tears don't come. You think this is good? Nothing bothers me worse than having to lose a dog one way or another and I don't cry anymore.

Give your baby a big hug for me and tell him I don't want him to go anywhere. Hope everything okay!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #59
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Claire, how is your dog doing? I have been thinking about him since he had been gone and found again! What a feeling! Hope everything is getting back to normal.

I don't know what is happening around my neighborhood but last Monday I had to go to vet to put my dog down. Yesterday, Monday my neighbor was crying so hard because she was going to take her dog to the vet. Before that my other neighbor had to give up her pets. Since I am medicated w/some kind of antidepression pills I hardly cry but I know t he loss. Guess this medicat ion is working cause my tears don't come. You think this is good? Nothing bothers me worse than having to lose a dog one way or another and I don't cry anymore.

Give your baby a big hug for me and tell him I don't want him to go anywhere. Hope everything okay!
I am so sorry In The Kitchen for your loss. Something must be going on in your neighborhood......you all need to check that out. Sounds like there's a toxin of some kind out there, whether it was done deliberately or accidentally. That is terrible!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:37 AM   #60
Master Chef

I'm so sorry for you. Sometimes these things seem to go in groups (for example, my neighbor's dog was poisoned and had to be put down around the same time mine did for a long-standing kidney disease; my sister's dog died the same week Keiki was first lost). More so lately because of the tainted food supply.

Meanwhile, Keiki is doing just great. All but the largest of her sores is healed, and we noticed this week that her full personality is back. Needless to say, after 8 days in the wild, it took awhile for the personality to return. For the better part of two weeks all she did was sleep and eat (and eat and eat and sleep some more) and she moved very slowly. I haven't taken her for a weigh-in yet, but she looks like she regained her weight as well. She's always been a skinny little dog, so she really didn't have that three pounds to lose.