"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-29-2005, 09:43 PM   #21
Hospitality Queen

Oooooooooooooh! Here's another decoy idea....make a sandwich, similar to the one they stole, and put about 2 Tbsp of salt in the middle - heh heh

Old 08-29-2005, 10:19 PM   #22
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Ex Lax cookies. Accompanied by apple juice that's been enhanced with ... well, when you gotta go, you gotta go. These suggestions courtesy of my husband, who solved a similar problem with a mysterious theiving dorm resident in college.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:29 PM   #23
Head Chef

Ex lax iced brownies....mmmmmmmm
Old 08-29-2005, 11:42 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
I hope you find out who did this to you GB - that stinks.

Maybe next time the lunch ferry will be watching.
- sorry GB. Thats not right buddy.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:27 AM   #25
Contest Winner

Wink

I shouldn't say this but the person that did it, might do it again. This is what I did. I chopped bugs up and made a sandwich that looked normal and smelled normal, added a ton of hot hot pepper to it and then a fair share of Black pepper. Then I hoped they stoled it again, if finally happen, I made a little stink about it, then I laughed and told them what was really in it. My Lunch was never taken again! If I was you I would just tell them it had something nasty in it!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #26
Head Chef

You gotta be careful when leaving trap foods in the fridge at work. If it's obvious you're out to "get" somebody, there could be legal ramifications (Even though they're stealing YOUR lunch).

That's why I'm a big fan of the pepperhead approach. Not my fault they stole my 5 alarm habenero chili paste turkey sandwich. I happen to like hot foods...

John
(Who actually keeps a little cooler under his desk at work to avoid these situations)
Old 08-30-2005, 11:19 AM   #27
Head Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
Have to agree....make a sandwhich that they cant say you tainted! Make one that you can honestly say you like....
Old 08-30-2005, 11:33 AM   #28
Executive Chef

GB perhaps you could circulate an inter-office (not angry) memo to co-workers to make everyone aware the situation exists. Meanwhile, maybe there are other colleagues in the building that have a mini-fridge in their office, you could put your lunch in until the problem is resolved.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #29
Chief Eating Officer

Great suggestions mish. I will see if someone has a mini fridge I can use although I am pretty sure it is against company policy to have those.

Memos have been circulated ad nauseum. This has been an ongoing problem ever sine I started here and my guess is that my office is not alone. There is a note on every fridge in our office reminding people to NOT take what is not theirs. That won't stop a thief. These people already know what they are doing is wrong. They will continue to do it anyway.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Another food thought. Do you have any catering trucks you see go by in your area? We had one on the lot that stopped off before 9 am, noon & 3 PM with everything from coffee, sammiches, pastries, yogurt, fruit, tacos. They're good in a pinch when you want a quick bite & can't get out. Maybe the other employees might like the idea, & you could call around & get details. Think the guy cleaned up & did so well he retired at about 40. Wish I would have thought of that idea. We also had people bringing baskets of sammiches & fruit for sale around lunch time.