"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Chief Eating Officer

Angry My lunch was stolen

For the past year I have been working out of my home office. A short while ago my employer told me that because of changes in the department all people working from home would now need to work from the office instead. That was bad enough. Well this is the first day of my second week back in the office and someone stole my lunch out of the fridge

I am so furious!!!!!

I am friends with the facilities manager so I wrote up this note and am just waiting for her permission to post it on the fridge. She will probably tell me I can not post it, but we will see. This is what it says:

To the thief who stole my turkey cheese and bacon sandwich:

I hope you enjoyed my lunch today. What you thought was mustard on my sandwich was not. I am not going to tell you what it is, but lets just say that I hope you have a very strong stomach and a very good immune system. I am sick of lunches being stolen so this decoy sandwich was placed in the fridge today. I am not surprised that it took you only a matter of hours before taking what was not yours.

Do not take lunches that are not yours or you may be ingesting things which you really do not want to be eating.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:30 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Sorry to hear that, GB. I've lost a luch to the fridge phantom too. I hope you were able to find a substitute.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

There are a decent amount of places around here to go for lunch, but I had a prime parking space this morning and ended up losing it thanks to the thief. Andy if you have ever been to Maynard by the Old Mill that Digital used to be in then you know why my parking space so was important. I was also trying to save $ by bringing lunch instead of going out so today I lost $ because I had to do both.

I just don't understand who would want to eat someone else's lunch. It boggles my mind.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

GB:

I worked at Digital in Maynard for 5-6 years (Parker Street). I know well that parking is at a premium in the mill area.

I guess the thief had learned of your reputation in the culinary field and wanted a really good lunch.

Poor guy probably gets PBJ every day!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:07 PM   #5
Chief Eating Officer

What a small world. It is a great building to work in. It has its bad points (very old wooden building that would go up in a heartbeat in a fire, lots of spiders, the aforementioned parking), but man this building has some serious character and so really pretty views.

LOL the thief should have at least waited until I brought in something better for lunch. This was a very boring sandwich that I was not really looking forward to eating at least
Old 08-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #6
Master Chef

GB.....forget the note. Make the decoy and surprise the heck out of him/her. Add something really hot and spicy right smack dab in the middle out of eye shot. Take note of who is sweating their you know what off. Or.........what would be even better puck a good amount of hair and put that in there.........yummy!!! Betcha they won't steal your sandwich again and I'm quite sure they won't steal a lunch again.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
Chief Eating Officer

The problem with actually really leaving a decoy is that we have about 1000 employees on this floor alone. Getting the thief to actually take the decoy would be next to impossible.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #8
Master Chef

Can you take a little cooler to work and put it under your desk?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #9
Chief Eating Officer

Yeah I probably could, but then I have to deal with one more thing to carry in on that long trek through the parking lot. Not so bad right now, but come winter it will be horrible to have to do that.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #10
Master Chef

well if someone steals your lunch again your going to have to make 2 extra treks through the lot to go out to lunch......just a thought :)