"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayelle View Post
oh wow, mimi.........i'm just thrilled to read this news. Hey girl, you're on your way!!

As far a the pictures are concerned, i'd be glad to try but i guarantee that there's folks here that know a ton more about posting original pictures than i do. Mimi....make a new post here on dc, so it will get full attention, and i bet we'll both learn something.

Ps.......check this out mimi.....i just found it. See #8

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
i love you!!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Master Chef

OMG! That looks wonderful. I want cake!

Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #13
Sous Chef

How wonderful!!! you did it girl!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
Head Chef

Chocolate Banana Stud Cake, and
The Black Stallion...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DC PIX 038.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	8153   Click image for larger version

Name:	DC PIX 039.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	8154  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC PIX 047.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	8155  
Old 06-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
i love you!!!!!
I love you back, Darlin' !! Not only did you make gorgeous cakes......but you learned how to give us all eye candy!!
There's just no stopping you now girl !!
Whooooo Hoooooooo

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
Master Chef

Site Moderator

WhooHoo! Congratulations!!!!! Way to go!!!!!! YAAAAaaaaa!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Wow those look fabulous!

Welcome to baking. Baking for me feeds my need to micro manage and control little things, so I don't drive my friends and family crazy, LOL! Oh and it is in my blood, I just love baking.

While not a professional pastry chef, there isn't much that I haven't done pastrywise. My friends and family nudge me to take it further, I already have people in the neighborhood pay me to bake for them, as well as co-workers and friends. My only issue is getting a job with health benefits, since small bakery businesses don't/can't offer it.

I have a similar Black Stallion in my kitchen, I call her Birtha, she has given me 15 years of good service so far.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
I have a similar Black Stallion in my kitchen, I call her Birtha, she has given me 15 years of good service so far.
Anybody who can give you that many years is a keeper... I have a smaller kitchen aid (the green genie) that I have had for over 20 years, now BS&GG share bowls n beaters... I think they're in love... My goal is to open a small bakery/coffee/tea house with my daughter when she moves back next year... I'd love to hear any tips you might have, my one tip I just learned is to weigh everything, aside from being accurate, it's 100 times easier...

Thank you for your kind words, I look forward to hearing your baking stories... XOXO Mimi
Old 06-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
Anybody who can give you that many years is a keeper... I have a smaller kitchen aid (the green genie) that I have had for over 20 years, now BS&GG share bowls n beaters... I think they're in love... My goal is to open a small bakery/coffee/tea house with my daughter when she moves back next year... I'd love to hear any tips you might have, my one tip I just learned is to weigh everything, aside from being accurate, it's 100 times easier...

Thank you for your kind words, I look forward to hearing your baking stories... XOXO Mimi
My sis wants to open a shop just like that, when she retires from the military in about 4 years at the rip old age of 45, LOL! She currently lives in Savannah, I think it would do well there. She wants me to sell my house, pack up and move to be her baker!

I am with you on the weighing thing, once I bought a scale, there was no going back. I am in the process of converting old family recipes to weight, and tweaking them ever so slightly. I am always on the quest for the perfect recipe for any given thing.

Do you have Shirley O'Corrihers BakeWise? I do and it is excellent, really speaks to my inner baking nerd, a really good read. I love how it gets into the chemistry of each ingredient and how it works. I have the carrot cake from that book in the kitchen, just waiting for guests to arrive this afternoon.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #20
Head Chef

No I don't have that book but i'll be sure to go to B&N this week and peruse it will a Starbucks in hand... I just bought Rose Beranbaums new book, Heavenly Cakes, the two cakes on this thread are from her book... If you don't have it, it worth a look...