"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-05-2008, 01:13 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Yes, the download was way too long. Way more than a moment or two. Had me wondering just what I was downloading. One minute five seconds. Afterwards I went to Speedtest.Net to make sure my connection was still 'high speed', my cable tested out 5~6 mps with a peak of 6.9.

Cute kid, slide show got boring real quickly because of, effectively, only one subject. I'm guessing even a Grandma would find it a bit redundant.

But, yes, it does work.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:22 AM   #12
Sous Chef

One way to do your photos is to link them to another photo sharing site. That way you can group your photos into sections and the viewer can look at what they want to.

I was told by a friend a few weeks back to make a "Best of" photo booklet, that way people are not bored with the typical "Vacation Photo Album" that shows EVERY SINGLE PICTURE! haha it is a good idea though.

A while back I made a Yahoo 360 page which linked photos to my Flickr account. Never did anything with the page after that but I liked the idea to link it to my Flickr page.

Here is my flickr page with some photos in groups to the side. Flickr: Photos from StorminNorman

Old 04-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAchef View Post

Here is my flickr page with some photos in groups to the side. Flickr: Photos from StorminNorman

Don't you know your face could freeze like that and you would look Monkeyish forever?

Old 04-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
Head Chef

the slide show was made last summer. My cousin wanted me to take a lot of pics of her lil girl(the one in the show). i took a crap load of pics but i was bored at just looking at them. So i was offered photoshow deluxe for free from comcast and decided to do a trial run with it. This site is however still in its drafting stages. The slide show is a trial run. I had to learn how to use the software, so pretty much you guys were my lil hamsters and lab rats. LOL. Your feed back is important because thats what will help finish my final.

Thanx, until next time

PEace
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
Head Chef

Any one know how to embed a player into the slide show. Bare in mind that the show has all ready been exported into HTML from the software, so i will have to edit the html file and add what ever is needed?

thanx
Old 04-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
Any one know how to embed a player into the slide show. Bare in mind that the show has all ready been exported into HTML from the software, so i will have to edit the html file and add what ever is needed?

thanx
Hey, LT. I included a link for that in my earlier post.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #17
Head Chef

oh, my bad. i must have missed it.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #18
Head Chef

Hmm, the only problem with that HTML code is that it links to an .xspf playlist. My movie is just flash, unless .xspf is flash.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
Hmm, the only problem with that HTML code is that it links to an .xspf playlist. My movie is just flash, unless .xspf is flash.
Oops. Try this one: Flowplayer | Flash Video Player for the Web