My newest pet peeve! What's yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
if it helps, i tried to give you and z karma, but it tells me to go away...

Karma? I don't need your steeeking karma... LOL

Actually, though, I think the rules make you spread karma around too much. Maybe it should be to 5 others instead of 10. C'mon. Who's with me?!?

Z

buck-E-tom picked on my post
he wants to be laughed at the most
the center of attention
deserves praise and mention
and karma to go with his... umm... toast?

lol... ok Z. You get the karma points and a hug for the laughter that you just added to my morning.

ahem, laughed with, laughed with.

aww, i'm getting laughed at the most...:cry:

lol, good one z.

i agree as well, 5 people sounds good.

pdswife said:
Do any of you write poetry?

I don't write as often as I used to, but every once in a while I get the urge. I composed a poem for mizzphinz the other day and wrote it down in a card that I left on the seat of her car. She loved it. :)

Slaughter of the english language, i.e. mispronouncing 'often', as ofTen, emphasis on the 'T'. Seems this is now acceptable. All's I want...makes me cringe. When someone says I should have went, rather than I should have gone. Misuse of theirs, there's, yours, etc. I wonder what went wrong in the school system.

mish said:
mispronouncing 'often', as ofTen, emphasis on the 'T'.
It was my understanding (and very possibly my incorrect understanding) that this is the British way of pronouncing it.

phinz said:
I don't write as often as I used to, but every once in a while I get the urge. I composed a poem for mizzphinz the other day and wrote it down in a card that I left on the seat of her car. She loved it. :)

What a romantic. (I'm guessing it wasn't a limerick).

Thanks for the idea.

hey ya never know. she could be from nantucket, or have a leaky bucket that needed phinz's attention.

i never wrote poetry (or we'd already be divorced) for dw, but whenever she went on a trip, i would write little love messages and hide them in her luggage, like onder the cap of her deodorant, or in a jar of skin cream, or in her purse, so she would find them at different times of the day. i even drew a little red heart in the surface of a new jar of cold cream with food coloring.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
hey ya never know. she could be from nantucket, or have a leaky bucket that needed phinz's attention.

LOL - You're right. I guess I shouldn't assume anything.

buckytom said:

i never wrote poetry (or we'd already be divorced) for dw, but whenever she went on a trip, i would write little love messages and hide them in her luggage, like onder the cap of her deodorant, or in a jar of skin cream, or in her purse, so she would find them at different times of the day. i even drew a little red heart in the surface of a new jar of cold cream with food coloring.

Very sweet!!!
I'm sure she loved that.:heart::heart:

GB said:
It was my understanding (and very possibly my incorrect understanding) that this is the British way of pronouncing it.

All's I want is, to here it pronounsed corectly in the usa, as it was taut in skool in the usa. OFTen drives me nuts.

Last edited:
When we were preparing to open our now-defunct bookstore (sold so we could move to Floriduh. We don't live in Floriduh anymore, and we don't have a bookstore anymore either. :( ) I managed to sneak into mizzphinz' luggage before she left for training in Ft. Liquordale and put in several notes. I love your ideas though, Bucky.

I'm known for my diecast cars and mizzphinz has a collection of stuffed animals. We buy stuffed animals from different places that have meaning to us. Our big trip to NYC saw us returning with a stuffed cow by Manhattan Toys, which we proceeded to name Nyc (pronounced Nick). He has a special meaning to us for several reasons, so I stuffed him in her bags as well as a couple of my toy cars. She never knew until she got to Ft. Liquordale.

We don't much like being separated from each other.

Oh and I forgot about the following mis-somethings...........
"All of 'the' sudden"............instead of all of 'a' sudden.............
and this one really gets me, 'suppose''b''ly.........

This is the one that gets me...Anyways instead of anyway. Another one is irregardless instead of regardless.

Back
Top Bottom