"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

I can play 3 Led Zep intros pretty well on my acoustic guitar, finger style, no pick:
Stairway
Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
Over the Hills

roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Is napping considered a hobby? When not cooking, doing laundry, caring for the Elders, my favourite thing to do is grab a nap.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Is napping considered a hobby?
..only if there is a public discussion forum on it...
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:23 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Nice discus, Paul! That's a hobby I've had since I was 10 years old, when I was given an aquarium for a gift. I think the most I ever had was 23 tanks. Kept me out of a lot of trouble, in those days. Only have 4 tanks now.

Gorgeous chair, CharlieD! That's another hobby of mine, and I have a large workshop set up in my basement, with a dust collection system, which was one of the best things I did down there, as it has saved me countless hours of cleanup time.

My other favorite hobby would definitely be gardening, only because everything that I grow is for my kitchen - nothing like fresh vegetables and herbs! I'm sort of lucky that I don't have more space, as I'd never have time to cook everything that I grow! It's really too much, as it is.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #25
Head Chef

Sara & Maybelle

I wouldn't call it a hobby but when I started a little aquaponic system to grow some herbs a couple of years ago I got two goldfish. To my surprise, they turned into pets. Not like dogs but they enjoy attention, eat out of my hand, have favorite foods. We all live in a pretty small apartment so they watch me most of the time; cooking, eating, and at the computer.
This is how they act if they think a meal is late.

Here they are enjoying their favorite vegetable, beet greens.

If they live a full lifespan, another 15 years or so, they'll be the only fish I ever
keep longer than it takes to get them into a frying pan.

Old bachelor cook
skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #26
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperhead212 View Post
Nice discus, Paul! That's a hobby I've had since I was 10 years old, when I was given an aquarium for a gift. I think the most I ever had was 23 tanks. Kept me out of a lot of trouble, in those days. Only have 4 tanks now.
Thanks

It's been my hobby ever since I was in my early teens. As for discus-keeping specifically, I've kept them on & off for over 35 of those years.

I believe I've mentioned before that I belong to several tropical fish forums, where I've been active for many years, all with the username of "discuspaul".

If some of you have nothing better to do at the moment, and would like to check out my background, profile, and behaviour a bit more, just google 'discuspaul, and you'll get quite a number of links of/to my fish pic displays, quotes of my postings, referrals, my work with discus, etc., etc.

On the fish forum I like best - simplydiscus.com/forum - they used to call me discuspaul, but now some of the members call me 'chefpaul' - cause I've posted quite a few of my recipes in the 'Lounge' section there - members have tried them and liked them I guess -
Old 09-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #27
Master Chef

My other favorite hobby besides cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperhead212 View Post

Gorgeous chair, CharlieD! That's another hobby of mine, and I have a large workshop set up in my basement, with a dust collection system, which was one of the best things I did down there, as it has saved me countless hours of cleanup time.

is.

Thank you.
Unfortunately I have nothing of a sort. Table saw, vertical milling machine , CNC type. Is all I have.

Tags
cook, cooking, other, sides