My parents visit continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Marianne and Jim are still here and I've been so busy with the new job that I come home and crash immediately. It's nice to find the house full, but I'm going to enjoy a bit of solitude as well.

He completely redecorated the basement. All that vacuuming he did a couple of days ago... the whole room looks different. This is so much bigger a scale than a misplaced peeler. By the way, my ladle was hanging with the pot holders. He saw a hook and used it. Nevermind that the rest of the hanging utensils have a whole rack system dedicated to the hanging, he just decided the ladle needed a time out or something. Bad ladle.

We're going to the New York Botanical Gardens today to see the train show. Lou and I saw it last year. All the buildings are made from natural material you'd find in a garden. Very beautiful, indeed. We're getting the christmas tree after that. Somehow, Lou will get the tree into a new stand and we'll all do a little dance to the tree stand gods in hopes the tree won't fall this year. I realize it's because the ornaments are unevenly distributed to the front of the tree, but...no one can see the back of the tree, ya know..:huh:.

I'm taking them to a little BYOB place in town for dinner tonight, and perhaps we'll start the decorating after that. My son and his girlfriend want to join us, as well. Little Miss Coco Dolly has to work till 8 so she'll be absent for this round of festivities.

My cook quit on Thursday leaving me kind of in the lurch for a party for 95 yesterday. So, back on with the whites yesterday. Compliments on the food and one person suggested my cooks should quit more often if it means I have to cook.

flash....I just got a call from them. They have my car to do a couple of errands. Apparently the key won't turn in the ignition. Never been a problem before..but they can't get it to turn. Wonderful.

vb, if you should happen to find yourselves on the upper west side, please stop by cbs today if you have the chance. i'm here 'till midnight. i'd love to meet you all, and can show you around the studios if you're interested.

i feel like marianne and jim are family. :)

You go Vera - Knock 'em dead. Hopefully, you can hire a good cook soon.

The botanical garden sounds really nice, wish I could go. Somehow, cleaning up after painting and putting uo the tree (fake) has priority.

AC

Bucky, what a nice gesture. We just got back to the house from the show, a light lunch and getting the tree.

Strange how all the trees on the lot were 70 bucks. Well, all in the 7-8 foot range, anyway. No matter how charlie brown it looks, all the same price.

Jim loved the trains. Every building in the exhibit was built by plant material. Just beautiful. I'm so ready for cocktail hour. I have a picture of my dad swigging from the flask last weekend. As soon as I make some room in myphoto albums I'll post pictures of this week.

Once again, thanks to all of you who've been reading this. Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am.:w00t2:

vb, i think we're going to miss them as much as you will when they go home.

btw, i hope you know that you and yours are welcome to visit me here anytime that you're in the city. i'm here as much or more than i am at home. and i have more free time at work... :cool:

VB.....you're wonderful!......starting a new job, entertaining the parents, finding all the missing things.....bless you....Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas, and the most Happy of New Years....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom