My poem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
I was looking through all my random junk text files and I found this. I wrote it for my girlfriend and I gave it to her at prom.

Don't read too much into this. I usually dont do this kind of stuff... nor would I share it with others.
But you guys are special. :P

You are my flower
The one that my mind can recall
You are the one keeping my heart from staining black
You alone I let stand on my highest pedestal
And you alone, have earned my awe that follows.
When I hold you, it becomes the only thing that matters
And I don’t care what time passes during.
Putting your hand into mine,
Is like a hug around my neck
A place of security, and purity
When I kiss you, I crave to control time
So my dream will never be disturbed
And your love could remain a part of me forever.
I would do anything for you
Even give up music (after a while)
You may call me crazy
Perhaps we all know it’s true
But they only reason I would ever admit,
Is because I am crazy in love with you.

that's very good, gobo. now you're posting. thanks.

i'd get rid of the "after a while" bit. it may accurately reflect your feelings, but it doesn't fit the single mindedness and intensity of the rest of the piece. capeesh?

otherwise, A+.

well she knows me as kind of a funny person... that's what attracted her to me in the first place.... i made her laugh the moment i met her, and always did after, so I had to slip at least something a little funny.
It would make more sense if you guys knew how intense music was for me.
I spent more time playing, listening or writing music, than i did anything else, even today, more than school and work.

But thanks. :D

goboenomo said:
I hope she was.
She said thanks....
She didnt say anything about it...

Not very many of us get poems written for us every day, so she just may not have known how to handle it. Unless she's made of steel, she will have been touched.

An old boyfriend of mine once seranaded me (classical guitar) over the phone. I just found it incredibly embarrassing and probably would so today as well. Some people just aren't good with demonstrative ...

It's sweet you wrote it. You're definitely a multi-faceted kind of guy, Gobo!

Thank you.
I dont think she's made of steel. But all I got from her was an "It's nice" :ermm:

Why were you embarassed by that?

Thats a lovely poem gobo. Sorry your girlfriend did not react with a bit more enthusiasm...a hug, a kiss, an I love you, a thank you for taking the time to think so much about how much she means to you (all would have been nice), but I guess she simply did not know how to react. Still, it is a lovely poem. Well done!

goboenomo said:
Thank you.
I dont think she's made of steel. But all I got from her was an "It's nice" :ermm:

Why were you embarassed by that?
I think just because it was such 'naked' emotion if you know what I mean. I was also very young (your age, maybe a bit older?) and didn't have enough sophistication to just take it on board. Since I'd still be embarrassed today, guess I still don't have much sophistication! Never mind, Gobo. I still say she must have been very touched even if she didn't show it as you'd have liked.

amber said:
Thats a lovely poem gobo. Sorry your girlfriend did not react with a bit more enthusiasm...a hug, a kiss, an I love you, a thank you for taking the time to think so much about how much she means to you (all would have been nice), but I guess she simply did not know how to react. Still, it is a lovely poem. Well done!

Thank you. I tried. :P I wont be able to come up with something like that again.

I think just because it was such 'naked' emotion if you know what I mean. I was also very young (your age, maybe a bit older?) and didn't have enough sophistication to just take it on board. Since I'd still be embarrassed today, guess I still don't have much sophistication! Never mind, Gobo. I still say she must have been very touched even if she didn't show it as you'd have liked.

Thanks again.

I guess that makes sense. I thought as the smart girl I know her as, she would get that and love it. Plus I think she thinks I'm not too bright.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom