My Poor Disney...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's gone guys. She had arthritis so bad there really was no hope for her. She had gotten really skinny too. It's lonely walking into the house and not having her at the door waiting for me. I know it was best for her but I still didn't want to lose her. I already lost enough this year. This year has been so bad for me and I really don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for each and everyone of you. So I want to thank all of you right now from the bottom of my heart for all of your thoughts and prayers. They really did help me out alot.

I'm sorry Middie, I wish there were more I could do or say.
kadesma

(((Middie))))I'm so sorry you had to let your baby Disney go-much love and energy, Vicki

middie said:
She's gone guys. She had arthritis so bad there really was no hope for her. She had gotten really skinny too. It's lonely walking into the house and not having her at the door waiting for me. I know it was best for her but I still didn't want to lose her. I already lost enough this year. This year has been so bad for me and I really don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for each and everyone of you. So I want to thank all of you right now from the bottom of my heart for all of your thoughts and prayers. They really did help me out alot.

Middie, same thing happened with my dog, arthritic hips, he couldnt pick himself up to eat or even go to the bathroom. So sorry for your loss. Our pets are family. I know you will be missing her tonight. I know it's too soon to consider another pet, but down the line, it might be a good idea? I for one always want a pet in my life.

middie, get your butt right down to a shelter and adopt another cat. you have the room in your home and heart, and there's a little furry guy waiting for a great human mommy like you. no need to make yourself go through any more heartache.

we lost our first cat unexpectedly a few years ago, and we did just that. it took my wife a while to completely warm up to our new furball, but she's definitely as loved as any cat could be now. we both agree that it was the right move, and she alleviated all of those days when we would have been sad not having our companion; no one to feed, no litter box to clean, no warm purr and a rub at the end of a long day. (ok, so it was intended to get some food. i can appreciate that. :) )

i know it'll be weird at first, and you'll still grieve for your disney, but it's the best thing you can do imo and experience. and some lucky little cat is sitting in a shelter, just waiting for you.

So sorry to hear this Middie. My friend had to put down her cat of 16 years last week and she was devastated too its such a hard thing to do but at the same time the most caring thing you could do under the circumstances.

My thoughts are with you. I recently had to put an old companion down, and I fear it may not be long before I have to do it again. It's a hard decision.

Ah, Middie! I'm so sorry!!!!! It's so sad when it happens, but, you gave Disney a good life!! Big hug to you!!!

So very sorry Middie it took alot of courage to to let her go but now she wont suffer any more and is smiling down at you from above.

The only animal I've had to put down was my beloved, 17 year old Maggie Dog, and there was no choice to be made. She had what we think was a heart attack or stroke, and after watching her suffer all night, I took her to the vet the next morning. She probably would have been gone by that night anyway, but I couldn't bear to see her in pain any longer. She had gone blind, and I don't think she even knew where she was.
The vet asked if I wanted to be with her. I said yes, and I'm glad I did. I petted and talked to her soothingliy, and when he gave her the injection, I watched the pain melt away from her face as she heaved a final big sigh, and left us.

That dog had a heart the size of Texas...there must be a heaven for a spirit like that. :(

hard news to hear, middie...
but do as bucky said, get out and get a new cat... that's the best way to get along with the grief... and no empty house when you come home

Back
Top Bottom