"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #171
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
All of our ethernet cables are that same colour of blue. I suspect that your house is wired with ethernet, especially if that box is for TV and computers.
That would be divine if that is the case. I certainly am not looking to do anything to delay moving in or increasing costs!

I have taken almost 2000 photos of the construction and will post one that may answer the wiring question.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0620.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	20719  

Old 02-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #172
Proud American

Beth, I love seeing your new home and its progress. It's beautiful!

I'm not very big. Can I squeeze in between you and Ogress in your kitchen?

Old 02-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #173
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Beth, I love seeing your new home and its progress. It's beautiful!

I'm not very big. Can I squeeze in between you and Ogress in your kitchen?

You bet you can!

I just realized something. There is almost 7 feet between the opposing counters in the kitchen. Now I know why my bedroom and bathroom are so small. I hadn't realized how much square footage had been devoted to the kitchen and pantry.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #174
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
All of our ethernet cables are that same colour of blue. I suspect that your house is wired with ethernet, especially if that box is for TV and computers.
I was thinking the same thing, those blue wires don't look like coax cable for cable tv, more like Ethernet.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #175
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
I just realized something. There is almost 7 feet between the opposing counters in the kitchen. Now I know why my bedroom and bathroom are so small. I hadn't realized how much square footage had been devoted to the kitchen and pantry.
Well then, I know where MY cot is going! Or...you have room to add a nice center island if you so desire some day.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #176
Proud American

And CG will have room for her cot, I can squeeze in, and we will be so happy in your nice new home we won't leave, and so you will have a nice new home with nice new houseguests!

You are so very lucky, yes? Ha!

With love,
~Cat
Old 02-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #177
Executive Chef

I'm confused. I am seeing some counter tops that look dark, and some that look white. Am I seeing 2 different rooms?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #178
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I'm confused. I am seeing some counter tops that look dark, and some that look white. Am I seeing 2 different rooms?

The kitchen countertops are dark but I have very few photos of them. They were covered over with cardboard to protect them from the construction process and have since been covered with a fine white dust from the tile cutting for the bathroom and fireplace hearth.

I have lost access to my entire house construction photo folder so can't upload any photos until my computer guy comes to the rescue, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:03 AM   #179
Executive Chef

Ok, now I looked back at the picture I thought had white countertops and I see that it is paper covering them. I can see part of the dark countertop peeking out on the right had side.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #180
Executive Chef

Quote:
Roll_Bones, does this photo answer any of your questions? I believe this box is for my TV and computers, but I may be incorrect
Yes. That is the hub. Or connection box if you will. Those are Ethernet cables and at least one should go to each room. Make sure you have them going to every room. And don't forget the kitchen.
Looks like high quality work too!

Quote:
That would be divine if that is the case. I certainly am not looking to do anything to delay moving in or increasing costs!
I have taken almost 2000 photos of the construction and will post one that may answer the wiring question.
The photo is plenty. Your wiring is called NM or Romex (most common) and is the standard building cable used today. I do notice one thing though you might want to ask the electrical contractor.

Those yellow colored cables are 12 awg. Ask the contractor why so many 20 amp circuits. I just want to hear why? Yellow (20 amp) cable is more expensive than white (15 amp) cable and it seems he used yellow through out the house while white (15 amp) can be used in many areas of the home.

This is no big deal as sometimes contractors use what they have available on their truck or van.
This is why I use yellow (20amp) here at home. But when I do a paying job, I use both.

I love the house and the mechanical. Looks like high quality.
Looks very good Beth and it looks very professional.