My proposed new house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coming along great! Beautiful clear sky as well. Can you see the Milky Way at night?

I don't know. I am waiting until the doors are installed before I spend a night in the house shell. Skunks are a real issue here and I would rather not have one stumble over me:mellow:.

I don't know. I am waiting until the doors are installed before I spend a night in the house shell. Skunks are a real issue here and I would rather not have one stumble over me:mellow:.

I bet you can see the Milky Way if you're far enough away from large metro areas. As an amateur astronomer this is important to me, but unfortunately I live within a huge light dome in the city. I would love to live under dark skies.
We have skunk issues too. We smell them all the time, especially during early morning hours before dawn.
Coccoons come around often too, buy only while I'm BBQ'ing....lol...
Your new home is gonna be gorgeous!

Last edited:
Wow .. lots of progress there .. it's really beginning to look like a great house !!

What a difference one day makes. Both views are of the north/back wall. The fellows are grateful for the shade!

Attachments

• DSCN0507.jpg
    DSCN0507.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0515.jpg
    DSCN0515.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 121
It is really starting to look fantastic...can't wait for the outside to be done. Then the wait for the insides.

my kitchen!!

Here is a recent view of the kitchen area. I am standing in the living room, looking across the dining room into the kitchen. The room with the angled door is the pantry. I'll attach a photo of the floor plan too.

Attachments

• DSCN0568.jpg
    DSCN0568.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0032.jpg
    DSCN0032.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 137
Photos taken tonight, but not before the sun went down. My new next door neighbor happened by and delayed the photos. One is of the view of the back porch out the dining room window, and one is of the fun stuff; gas line, duct work for the air to air heat exchanger, and plumbing.

Attachments

• DSCN0703.jpg
    DSCN0703.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0718.jpg
    DSCN0718.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 153
Front portal and back portal.

Big doings being organized for Thanksgiving, but not at my house! All the sisters, spouses, a nephew and his family will be here.

Attachments

• DSCN0728.jpg
    DSCN0728.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN0723.jpg
    DSCN0723.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 148
The contractors' contract states the house will be substantially complete by December 1. So I am expecting to be in late December or January. Brrrrr.

You are going to have to change the title from "My Proposed..." to "My New..." Hopefully you will be having your first Christmas in your new home. Cooking in your new kitchen is going to be such a joy. You must invite all of us for a New Year celebration. We promise to behave.

One for your new home to look down and protect all of you. :angel:

I love the views. Do keep us up to date. :angel:

This is very nice, and very exciting! I wish of you all the best, Beth.

Your friend,
~Cat

The exterior rigid insulation has been installed, most windows are in, the exterior doors installed, work is progressing on the fireplace installation and the 8 foot ceiling above the pantry, bathroom and laundry room. There has also been some drywall hung but that is a fluke. Coming up soon is the blown in cellulose insulation and a bunch of digging around the house. I will have gutters and 6 downspouts with catch basins draining into a 1200 gallon underground storage tank.

Photos are of the inside of the front door.

Attachments

• DSCN0892.jpg
    DSCN0892.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN0895.jpg
    DSCN0895.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom