My proposed new house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drywall above the pantry and bathroom. That area is being prepared to accept the air to air heat exchanger and associated duct work. Photo taken at the back of the house looking toward the front door.

Attachments

• DSCN0901.jpg
    DSCN0901.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0904.jpg
    DSCN0904.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 116
And the exterior of the front door and storage room door, and the front door looking across the front of the house and trombe wall. Can you tell I like my front door?

Oh, there are two photos on the previous page too.....of the front door.

Attachments

• DSCN0907.jpg
    DSCN0907.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN0909.jpg
    DSCN0909.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 109
The exterior rigid insulation has been installed, most windows are in, the exterior doors installed, work is progressing on the fireplace installation and the 8 foot ceiling above the pantry, bathroom and laundry room. There has also been some drywall hung but that is a fluke. Coming up soon is the blown in cellulose insulation and a bunch of digging around the house. I will have gutters and 6 downspouts with catch basins draining into a 1200 gallon underground storage tank.

Photos are of the inside of the front door.

Love the door, Beth!

That is shaping up to be one fine home for you Beth! Nothing like the excitement of building. I'd do it again in a heartbeat - especially if I was close enough to make numerous daily visits. Goes a lot smoother that way.

And the exterior of the front door and storage room door, and the front door looking across the front of the house and trombe wall. Can you tell I like my front door?

Oh, there are two photos on the previous page too.....of the front door.
Can't blame you for your love of your front door. It's a beauty.

Oh this is so very exciting! I am very happy for you! The view is lovely, and I like your front door very much!

I do love to see people get these nice houses! This makes me smile very much. I am sure you are unable to sleep well because of this lovely home getting ready to take you in and shelter you.

With love,
~Cat

My builder says he may have my house completed in 6 weeks:shock:. The wood staining starts on Monday. That includes the interior and exterior doors, porch posts, trim around the windows inside and out, and the window sills. The interior wall plastering starts on Wednesday. The first 2 of 3 exterior coats of stucco went on this past week; the final coat with color won't be applied until next Spring.

The photos are of my bedroom closet doors, all the interior doors look like this, and the new exterior stucco.

Party at my house New Years!!!

Attachments

• DSCN1098.jpg
    DSCN1098.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN1088.jpg
    DSCN1088.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 121
Wow .. things are really moving along now aren't they .. such a nice looking home ... how exciting !!

Oh Beth, this is so very wonderful! I'm very happy for you!

I'm sure the next 6 weeks will drag by you slowly, but think of the day you move into this beautiful home. You will nearly explode of happiness and I wish to see every word of this!

I am so very, very happy for you!

With love and some building permits,
~Cat

Things are really moving along right now. The base coat for the interior plaster is almost done. The kitchen cabinets need to be installed after the base coat but before the plaster is put on....and that started today.
The shower is being tiled.

Attachments

• DSCN1265.jpg
    DSCN1265.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN1269.jpg
    DSCN1269.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 123
and of course my favorite, the mechanical room. This tiny room houses the main heating system and domestic hot water system. It is an on-demand hot water heater, and takes up about 2 square feet. The main heat is a radiant floor heat with natural gas heated water. And the storage room door was installed today. It will be painted the same dark brown as the trim around the door.

Attachments

• DSCN1278.jpg
    DSCN1278.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN1284.jpg
    DSCN1284.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
It's just looking spectacular! I would be interested in the mechanical room, too! Love the on demand hot water systems. I also am partial to the tile in the shower.

Oh that is coming along wonderfully! You are going to be so very happy in your new home.

I love this!

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom