My proposed new house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fireplace is coming together:w00t:. The trim facade around the tiled part is some red oak that my late husband and I logged, sawed, dried and planed at our property and I sent out to NM on the moving van. The built in book shelves will have adjustable shelves. The shelves on the right are lower because the TV will go on top of the top shelf. Today I picked out the color of the grout (reddish brown) for the green tiles. The back portal finally got its first coat of stain, the gutters are mainly installed and the flagstone installed. It is hiding under the insulated blanket.

Attachments

• DSCN1345.jpg
    DSCN1345.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN1341.jpg
    DSCN1341.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 160
I am absolutely loving the design of that house!

I love that the wood for the fireplace facade has such a special story behind it. I can't wait to see it all finished!

Thanks bakechef. A lot of the credit goes to the woman who designed my house. It has been a long scary process. I never expected to be building a house at this point in my life.

The fireplace facade has tapered posts which mimic the tapered posts on the portals. The house designer gets total credit for that. Here is a better photo of that detail.

Attachments

• DSCN1346.jpg
    DSCN1346.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 173
The fireplace is coming together:w00t:. The trim facade around the tiled part is some red oak that my late husband and I logged, sawed, dried and planed at our property and I sent out to NM on the moving van. The built in book shelves will have adjustable shelves. The shelves on the right are lower because the TV will go on top of the top shelf. Today I picked out the color of the grout (reddish brown) for the green tiles. The back portal finally got its first coat of stain, the gutters are mainly installed and the flagstone installed. It is hiding under the insulated blanket.

I imagine it means much to you that Rich's touch and your life together will be there forever at your beautiful new fireplace.
You've really thought of everything Beth!

You may have missed my previous question. Do you have a sky light in your kitchen? I'm curious because of the lighting in the pictures.

Thanks bakechef. A lot of the credit goes to the woman who designed my house. It has been a long scary process. I never expected to be building a house at this point in my life.

The fireplace facade has tapered posts which mimic the tapered posts on the portals. The house designer gets total credit for that. Here is a better photo of that detail.

How pretty!

You may have missed my previous question. Do you have a sky light in your kitchen? I'm curious because of the lighting in the pictures.

There are no "traditional" skylights in the house. The "light" in Taos is famous to artists and others, and what you were seeing in the kitchen photos was simply natural light coming in from the east/morning sun and reflecting off of something.

I do have 3 solar tubes, or modified skylights. One is in the pantry, one in the bathroom and one in the hall way from the front door to the back of the house. They can best been seen in the exterior photos as a 12 inch round bubble on the roof.

Those "tube" type skylights are so cool Beth. My son installed them himself in several "otherwise dark" places in his home.

I have a large skylight in my kitchen and bathroom and I love having the natural light. Both you and I are blessed to have the sun so many days of the year.

I took these photos over the weekend. Progress has halted while waiting for the kitchen countertops to be installed. Installation is scheduled for next Monday. Plastering of the kitchen area can not take place until the countertops have been installed. The first photo is the guest bedroom looking into the front hallway and the second is of the marble bath room counter tops.

Attachments

• DSCN1510.jpg
    DSCN1510.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN1507.jpg
    DSCN1507.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 133
Next photos are of the fireplace area showing final color of walls and ceiling, and the pantry and kitchen area, awaiting plastering.
I am off to Santa Fe to buy curtain rods, drapery material,towel bars and stuff like that:).

Attachments

• DSCN1496.jpg
    DSCN1496.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN1480.jpg
    DSCN1480.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 147
Back
Top Bottom