My proposed new house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good Beth. And my toes are jealous of your radiant floor heat. BTW, why does it look like shutters on the left side of the last image? Will those be over all the windows? Or is that hiding some other mechanical device? Curiosity and all that jazz.

Looking good Beth. And my toes are jealous of your radiant floor heat. BTW, why does it look like shutters on the left side of the last image? Will those be over all the windows? Or is that hiding some other mechanical device? Curiosity and all that jazz.

I thought it looked like a garage door...

Let The Housewarming Begin

Beth has received her box of ornaments, thanks to all who participated.

I have brought a Red Velvet Cheesecake and Sumatran Reserve coffee.
medium.1.jpg

Yes, that is a fake garage door. Because of the pre-determined building footprint and my wanting front and back portals (porches), I didn't have enough room for the length of a garage. The driveway will eventually come up to meet the bottom of the storage room door, but that will happen with the landscaping project. Here is another photo of the storage room door, and a bit of the new construction next door where my new partner in crime will live. The neighborhood is really looking nice.

Attachments

• DSCN1283.jpg
    DSCN1283.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 138
Now it's really getting exciting .. cabinets .. yayyyy !!

I love that shower and the mechanical room ... awesome.

I wish we had one of those hot water things. I will be curious to see how you like it.

Your house is so close now .. I'm very excited and can't wait to move in !

Oh .. I guess that would be you moving in .. not me .. sorry LOL

Beth, it is exciting to see your new house take shape step-by-step. I can't wait to see the finished product. It looks like you have a lot of property, too.

What kind of dog is that in your Avatar? It looks very much like my Maltese.

Beth, it is exciting to see your new house take shape step-by-step. I can't wait to see the finished product. It looks like you have a lot of property, too.

Carol, Spike has a Maltese also named Teddy. The love of my life! :angel:

Attachments

• 101_0164.jpg
    101_0164.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 129

The closer it gets to being finished, the more impatient I am getting:LOL:. I have bought into a co-housing retirement community and don't ask me what that means because I don't know! My sister is one of the developers and she is why I am here. I personally only own less than 1/5 of an acre that I can do anything with, but the community owns 4 acres, in the back yards of all the homes, that will require agreement on to decide what the use will be. It will probably be agriculturally developed but our efforts are mainly in building houses right now.

The lovely doggie is a Bishon Frise.

Beth, I went back to your very first post and read right through. I noticed the dental woodwork just below the windows on your front door. Have you repeated that feature anywhere else in the house? That is a nice little touch. :angel:

Beth, I went back to your very first post and read right through. I noticed the dental woodwork just below the windows on your front door. Have you repeated that feature anywhere else in the house? That is a nice little touch. :angel:

The short answer is no.

The long answer involves what I went through designing the house. I wanted a house I was comfortable with and I had no attachment to adobe houses or houses with flat roofs. But I needed to be sensitive to the local customs and expectations. So the house is a blend of craftsman style and adobe. I had one problem with the builder and cabinet maker who at first had not worked with the craftsman style before. A lot of the interior details are southwestern style.

My house is a very different style than any other easily visible house in town. I am sure only the people who really like my house have approached me, but it is almost embarrasing how many people have told me they love the look of my house, much better than any other house in the retirement community.

....I noticed the dental woodwork just below the windows on your front door.....:
Beth's house has teeth? :ermm: :mrgreen:

...My house is a very different style than any other easily visible house in town. I am sure only the people who really like my house have approached me, but it is almost embarrasing how many people have told me they love the look of my house, much better than any other house in the retirement community.
Sounds like a LOT of people like the look. I say get prepared for lots of visitors. Your neighbors might very well be more comfortable in your home than they are in their own. Especially when you start to bake goodies...

Beth's house has teeth? :ermm: :mrgreen:

Sounds like a LOT of people like the look. I say get prepared for lots of visitors. Your neighbors might very well be more comfortable in your home than they are in their own. Especially when you start to bake goodies...

I expect and will welcome all visitors. I hope I can drum up some business for my house designer and builder because the building scene is still grim here. One worker told me that the building going on in this retirement community "is the only game in town" right now. I have enjoyed watching the workers who also really like the house. More than one has told me they want to buy it. In general I think they take pride in their work but they really light up when they show me what they are working on.

I had to look up "dental work":LOL:

I'm afraid the word has gotten out about my cookie baking abilities:yum:

Everything looks wonderful Beth! I keep looking at the kitchen and wonder if you have a sky light in there? The pictures show light on the upper walls and I'm wondering?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom