My Refrigerator is Broken!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RMS

Sous Chef
One week before Thanksgiving and my fridge goes on the blink. They can't get anyone here until the 25th!!!!!! All I have to work with is one of those mini refridgerators.
Oh woe is me!!!!

I just had to get it off my chest, Thanks for listening!

That is a big time bummer!!
Maybe, you can store some food at a friend or neighbors??

That really sucks!
We lived out of ice chest for about 2 weeks at one time. It's really hard unless you can get by with hot dogs and stuff like that. If you don't have the money right now to buy a new one, maybe you can get one at a rent to own place. I know their interest is horrible,but, a lot of them have stopped with their early pay off penalties.
good luck, rms, I hope it all works out for you!

Oh man... that is one of the worst nightmare that can happen... I agree with crewsk about collecting as many icechests as possible... it is going to be a pain in the u-know-what but it is better than letting all the goodies inside go to waste!! I hope you can find someone to fix it sooner!!

Would it be possible to rent a fridge until yours can be fixed maybe? Do you have a garage that you could put a second one in for the time being?

if it were running, could you catch it?

do you have prince albert in a can?

i'm looking for amanda hugginkiss....

(sorry :rolleyes: )

Thanks for the sympathy.
The fridge is less than 2 years old, so it technically IS a new one.
We're thinking of buying a small one as an extra but I bet I won't be able to get a delivery before thanksgiving either.

Have you tried jiggling it?

Seriously, has it stopped working all together - or is it not getting cold? You could try testing the outlet, removing/unscrewing the back plate and dusting (you'd be surprised how much dust gets back there), is there a temp dial inside you could check, or perhaps it might need freeon(?) Since you have the fridge, maybe you can put some big bags of ice inside.

BT, :LOL: I remember prince albert in a can & Is your refrig running?

Thanks Mish,
We checked everything and it is broken. Probably the compressor my hubby said. I like the ice in the fridge idea. We are using a cooler and a mini right now.
I just wish it weren't going to be thanksgiving. I can buy a fresh turkey and veggies but where am I going to keep the leftovers? ughhhh!!!!!!

Aw, so sorry RMS.

I'd break out all the tupperware, zip locks (use a food saver, if you have one), get big bags of ice and keep em in the fridge. Try not to open the door too much. Hopefully, by then, you can get someone out to repair/replace it. Maybe a neighbor or local restaurant will share some fridge space.

Another thought -- I would go thru the yellow pages and look under appliance repair and have it checked out. It's less costly than buying new. Since it's only two years old, can't see why it would completely break down. I'd be on the phone talking to the store manager where I bought it. Good Luck.

Last edited:
RMS said:
Thanks for the sympathy.
The fridge is less than 2 years old, so it technically IS a new one.
We're thinking of buying a small one as an extra but I bet I won't be able to get a delivery before thanksgiving either.

Did you check the warranty? If it is less than 2 years old and breaks down, probably you have a just reason to have it replaced with the good one by the manufacturer.... take out the warranty and take another look!

Thanks Urm. but I still have to wait for them to get here before I can try that.
It's really starting to get on my nerves now and I still have 5 days to wait.
My SIL informed me that when hers went when they came they had to order a part and that might take another week! I hope that doesn't happen to me too.
Oh well, trying to grin and bear it!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom