My sweet dog Kasey died today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TexasGirl, I hope you know, We your extended family all Love You and Our Hearts are Broken for you. You are just a great lady and I am Sorry to hear of Your loss.:( Hugs and Prays and Thoughts abound for you at this time. Love Barbara and James.
2.gif

Texas, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sounds like she had a really good life and your family loved her a lot.

Tears are welling up in my eyes for you and Kasey... it is really one of the saddest moments in life when you lose your beloved pet... try to keep the essay Charlotte sent you close to your heart, it is so sweet and comforting. I love it and thought of sending it to you myself as soon as I saw your post. It also let you know that she is well and happy now... and somewhere is watching over you and Rebel. You gave her a full, happy life, and the love and sweet memories you shared with her will live on. It will be something to smile at forever. ((((big hugs)))):heart:

I'm trying really hard not to break down right now, you guys are so special to me! I can't read the poem yet, but ,I will when I get home. If I start crying right now, I don't think I can stop. I'll print it out on some pretty paper so that I have it for my others when it's there time too.
Thank you all for caring and understanding! I'm glad there are others here that know how I feel. DH loved Kasey, but, he has gone through this so many times in his life that it doesn't phase him and I don't cry in front of him.
Thank you again!!

Oh, TG - just got here and saw this post. I think many of us are having a good cry with you! If our animals aren't family, then we shouldn't even have the honor of them in our lives! My heart goes out to you as well.

I'm so sorry Texasgirl. Losing a pet is so hard on the family.
My heart goes out to you.
she was gorgeous.

My deepest sympathies Texasgirl :heart: Our pets are their own special kind of angels on earth and you were blessed by this darling dog and her offspring. I know the pain is tremendious and the loss devistating. We are all here for you with open arms and endless hugs.

I'm sorry about your dog. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. At least she's not suffering any longer and you still have Rebel.

Dina

Last edited:
Texas, I just noticed the version I have of the "Rainbow Bridge" is a little different from the one Charlotte sent you. Basically it is the same poem, but there is a little added twist at the end of the story that makes this work even more special and sweet. I hope you enjoy this version as well:)

http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/2240/loss.html

Hey Texas! I am so heartbroken for you. Kasey looks like such a sweet dog. I have an australian shepherd. They are such "lovers". And you're right, they never complain. My Cassie had a "growth" on her behind, so we took her to A & M to see what they could do. That turned out to just be a benign tumor that they removed, but found a breast tumor while there. They were able to remove it too. At least they showed me how to check our dogs breast. It was about the size of a BB. I would have never known what it was or worried about it.

Blessing to you.

TexCin said:
Hey Texas! I am so heartbroken for you. Kasey looks like such a sweet dog. I have an australian shepherd. They are such "lovers". And you're right, they never complain. My Cassie had a "growth" on her behind, so we took her to A & M to see what they could do. That turned out to just be a benign tumor that they removed, but found a breast tumor while there. They were able to remove it too. At least they showed me how to check our dogs breast. It was about the size of a BB. I would have never known what it was or worried about it.

Blessing to you.

Unfortunately, when Kasey's lump was noticed, it was too late to do anything but make her as comfortable as we could. We could not afford chemo treatments when it wouldn't get rid of it only prolong her life and I just couldn't do that to her. I watched my mom go through it, it's very hard on the patient. I never knew that dogs could get breast cancer. She lived for only 2 months after that. The vet said that it goes really fast in dogs. I know now to check my other dogs often.

Texas, Since your mom went through it too, that's makes it even harder on you. I'm glad you know how to check for it now. My dogs love for me to rub their tummies anyway. Now I just check everything while I'm there. We were lucky that they found hers while it was so small. I don't know if I could have handled seeing her suffer throught it. I have a hard time every time I lose a pet. I have a lot of wonderful memories and so will you. Take that picture and frame it. Put it on the shelf with your family! :)

Kasey is beautiful Texas...I know how you're hurting..I'm glad you can come and share your hurt with us..Just remember, you're never alone, all of us are here and our hands are out to hold and hug you.

kadesma

Thank you kadesma! I'm very grateful that I stumbled onto this place and found all of you! I think I'll go to be now, I'm a little tired and I'll be getting up to make a few things for tomorrow.
Again, Thanks to everyone here, I'm glad that I have you all to talk to everyday! Goodnight.

hallo texasgirl!

I´m so sorry for the loss of your loved dog after soo many years...
It´s sad that it happened so fast in the end, but now she will be going over the rainbowbridge and meet with her son...

cara said:
hallo texasgirl!

I´m so sorry for the loss of your loved dog after soo many years...
It´s sad that it happened so fast in the end, but now she will be going over the rainbowbridge and meet with her son...

Thank you cara! Yes, I guess she will:)

Texas.......
You know how much I love my little Dove ..and I know someday I will be right where you are. Heartbroken over the loss of a beloved pet. Before her My Yorkie was 17 (eight years ago and I still cry over him. He is in my backyard)

Bless you for loving animals like I do.
Dove

Special Day

Every day that one of my friends have left have been a special day for me. Each and every one of them were so different and unique. I love my furry friends and just knowing Kasey left on her own without any special attention from vet gives me a feeling of being grateful she was were she wanted to be when she left. Everybody wants to be home when they don't feel well and feeling the love you all gave her was security she appreciated. Please accept my sympathy to both you and your special family. Allow yourselves time to grieve and know you will see her again. That is my sincere hope that all the dogs that have given so much to me all my life will be reunited again. I remember the first dog when I was only 7 and crying walking down the street and my brother's girlfriend told me I would see my dog again. To this day, I have believed that because I want to. It states in my bible that God returned to earth on a horse ,so if he rode a horse goes to show you there are animals where he is. This is only my belief and not meant to harm anyone but gives me hope. I share this feeling with my friends, knowing I only mean well. Animals have such a big part of my life. Always received lots of love from them. thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom