"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2005, 01:29 AM   #21
Contest Winner

Red face

TexasGirl, I hope you know, We your extended family all Love You and Our Hearts are Broken for you. You are just a great lady and I am Sorry to hear of Your loss. Hugs and Prays and Thoughts abound for you at this time. Love Barbara and James.

Old 11-23-2005, 02:01 AM   #22
Head Chef

Texas, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sounds like she had a really good life and your family loved her a lot.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:37 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Tears are welling up in my eyes for you and Kasey... it is really one of the saddest moments in life when you lose your beloved pet... try to keep the essay Charlotte sent you close to your heart, it is so sweet and comforting. I love it and thought of sending it to you myself as soon as I saw your post. It also let you know that she is well and happy now... and somewhere is watching over you and Rebel. You gave her a full, happy life, and the love and sweet memories you shared with her will live on. It will be something to smile at forever. ((((big hugs))))
Old 11-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #24
Master Chef

I'm trying really hard not to break down right now, you guys are so special to me! I can't read the poem yet, but ,I will when I get home. If I start crying right now, I don't think I can stop. I'll print it out on some pretty paper so that I have it for my others when it's there time too.
Thank you all for caring and understanding! I'm glad there are others here that know how I feel. DH loved Kasey, but, he has gone through this so many times in his life that it doesn't phase him and I don't cry in front of him.
Thank you again!!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #25
Cook

Oh, TG - just got here and saw this post. I think many of us are having a good cry with you! If our animals aren't family, then we shouldn't even have the honor of them in our lives! My heart goes out to you as well.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:16 AM   #26
Sous Chef

I'm so sorry Texasgirl. Losing a pet is so hard on the family.
My heart goes out to you.
she was gorgeous.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
My deepest sympathies Texasgirl Our pets are their own special kind of angels on earth and you were blessed by this darling dog and her offspring. I know the pain is tremendious and the loss devistating. We are all here for you with open arms and endless hugs.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #28
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Texasgirl she was a beautiful dog! I'm so sorry for you loss!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:16 AM   #29
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm sorry about your dog. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. At least she's not suffering any longer and you still have Rebel.

Dina
Old 11-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Texas, I just noticed the version I have of the "Rainbow Bridge" is a little different from the one Charlotte sent you. Basically it is the same poem, but there is a little added twist at the end of the story that makes this work even more special and sweet. I hope you enjoy this version as well

http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/2240/loss.html