My tattoo is pink, is something wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought about getting my eyeliner tatooed on.....
too chicken. Now I'm sure I'm too chicken. Thanks KE!
But boy it would be nice, I look sickly without it!

tattoos are laid into the 4th layer of skin. Every tattoo is "an abrasion" and it will be "pink" edged and everntually scab over and flake off...let this happen naturally.
Some find that A & D ointment is too "strong" and pimples occur. Stop using and go to a regular moisturizer like Nivea Lubriderm or Palmers. Be careful with ointments around the eyes if you had "permanent eyeliner" done. Use a hypo alergenic lotion and use it sparingly.

(Lots of tattoos and experience here)

It's normal luvs. And it will itch while it's healing. Just keep putting the oitment on it and you'll be fine. Also it may "ooze" for a few days wich is also normal so don't worry about that either.

and if you haven't had a recent Tetanus shot, ask your doctor if perhaps it isn't time?? precaution and prevention, eh?

It will remain pink for a couple of days, along with a little swelling, it is normal. IF, after a week or so, it is still there, then get worried. Think of getting a tatt, like a case of roadrash. it will be sore, pink, swollen, and tender. In 3 days, you will be fine.

Use just a little hand soap and warm water to wash, then a little neosporin. DO NOT, under any circumstance, use vasiline.

The TATT to my RAT is for all my tattoos, I have quite a collection;)

To tattoo they stick in needles and add foreign material under the upper layer of the skin.

Your body does not accept that casually and reacts. That is what the pink change is, increased blood flow from inflammation.

It will pass.

If it does not, or you feel there is anything wrong about it, go to a doc. A reputable tattooist will give you instructions about what to expect and what to do.

Don't worry, it's not the actual tattoo that is pink, or inflamed, as you described, it's the flesh around the work site. That's normal. The entire area was traumatized by the repeated needling/inking. The tattoo will be raised for a day or two as the surrounding flesh settles down. Keep the ointment on it. That will help it heal cleanly. It will also prevent the scab from itching overmuch. When you see flakes of colour coming off, don't pick at them. It's just the outer layer of dermis. The ink went down 5 layers or so. If you pick at it, you could pick all the way down, not only removing colour, but leaving a scar in the middle that cannot be recoloured.

Don't worry about the pink.

Back
Top Bottom