My Thanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knight76

Senior Cook
Just wanted to post a thank you to all those who contribute to this forum wether it be the people asking the most basic questions to those who are professional chef's taking the time to answer without coming off patronising.

On many forums you can feel scared to post a question as you generally get the "google is your friend" response, or you get the "use the search feature" response. But here, I have hardly seen that and generally all questions are answered quite politely and nicely.

I have learned so much from this place already and have a list of recipes to try that will no doubt keep me going for ages.

But not only on a technical level, but on a community level this place is something special. It is clear from my short time here that members here both respect eachother and actually become friends which is really nice.

So thanks to all. No doubt I will continue to ask questions and learn more and more.

Knight, that's nice of you to say. And as a newbie here, I completely agree. That is why we have so many new users every day!! I am definitely guilty of asking questions that could be easily answered on g00gle but I know that if I ask here at DC, I'll get THE answer. The BEST answer from people I trust and who want to help us learn from their experience. It's so much fun to come here and hear about people's days and escape the every day grind. (And often get things off our chests!) So a big thank you to you, too, knight and to everyone at DC. You're all such wonderful people!!

Amen, knight76. Anyone can google. But how to sift through the results? The difference here is that people are talking from their own experiences, and they are exceedingly generous with their time and knowledge. I have never seen anything quite like it - the kindness, the genuine interest in one another, and the compassion shown to those who are going through difficult times. Never a sharp rebuke, never a sarcastic reply...I think the mods/admin do an excellent job of maintaining the tone of the board. It is a very special place, and I am so glad I found it.

i love it here. i used to go to a site called, argue with everyone. such foul language, and radical ideas. has a place in the universe i guess but so negative.

this site is just what i needed to feel better about my self and others.

thanks everyone from

babe:)

I have gotten so used to DC forums that when i went to my other forums and started posting random questions and what not. I always go the Google is mans best friend response and alot of flaming, so i said screw this, im going back to DC man..

thanks, for the thanks!

We are more like an efamily here, that is one reason we have so many great people that stick around.

Thanks to all!

I feel at home here for sure. This is my 2nd stop after checking E-mail. I've learned a lot of great recipes, techniques and have fun here in Off Topic...

Everyone is so layed back and friendly it's nice to come here after a long day at work and kick back.

you're very welcome, knight.

i would just like to say, on the behalf of everyone here, that in the utmost regard...

ummm, wait, you're not the new guy with the radio show.

nevermind.

My husabnd thinks I'm nutty to be here all the time making friends with people I'll never meet.
I think I'm nutty to be married to him!!! :) kidding.
DC is great glad I found it.

Back
Top Bottom