My TV Brooooooooke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember one time when my kids were preschool age and I absolutely DEPENDED on Mr. Rogers to calm them down every evening while I was fixing dinner. I came into the TV room, set my coffee cup on top of the TV, one of the kids bumped the TV, and the whole cup spilled inside. The TV was dead. I thought that life as I knew it was over, 'cause we had NO money for a new one. I unplugged it, waited about a week for it to dry out, plugged it back in and it was GOOD AS NEW. Hooray! I don't suppose that would work anymore with all the microcircuits, etc. But I was grateful. Hope you have figured it out by this afternoon.............

oh, Texasgirl----sure hope that you can repair it soon---I know how you feel.......I remember when my DH and I were poor struggling college studentsin the 70's and we were using my parents old TV---for you younguns TV's back then used the old tubes that you took to the drugstore to test out........well, they kept overheating........in order to watch TV we had to pull the TV out from the wall and place a fan behind it to cool it down......it wasn't funny back then but it is now.......hope that you are watching your favorite shows soon

Have you tried yelling at it or threatening it? Maybe show it a brochure of a really nice TV and then a picture of a junk yard?
Failing that maybe some positive reinforcement might help...

I have a 12 year old Sanyo, I am dreading the day it goes out on us...

If you are on DirectTV, there is a little card in your receiver that you may need to pull out and put back in to reset.

No, it's the tv. We have a atemp tv in here hooked up to it and that is working fine.

BT, we have tried eveything, even "GASP":ohmy: touching the button on the tv itself!!:ermm::LOL:
It just will not come on:(

Mav, dh did all of that!!:LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom