My Violet has an owie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay for Violet AND for LP! Now for you feeling better, LP!
Thanks, ladies. And, DL I am working on me next. The pain is NOT just muscular and NOT in my head. I have an appointment on Friday with my GP and she is not going to be happy how I was treated in emergency on last week. But with my pain management program behind me I am able to deal with it better than before. :)

Went back to the vet today and Violet's infection has cleared up completely, the skin has grown back, no more swelling.

This means no more fights over swallowing anti-biotics, no more squirming to not get ointment on the owie, no more Mom tearing her hair and heart out!

Joie is the only one feeling put out by all of this because he was getting a lot of extra treats out of the deal! :huh::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for all your encouragement, ideas and support.

That is fabulous news LP :)

Now it is Joie's turn!

Thanks, Kylie.

So Joie I guess has decided he needs all the attention now. He started barking at everything and nothing and it took us awhile to catch on - his ear infection has started up again. Actually I think it is because with all the different treats we were bribing Violet with (and of course he had to have some too), we irritated one of his allergies.

Thankfully we don't have to take him to the vet as we have the cleaning solution and some of the medication from the last time. Seconds after DH cleaned out the ears Joie stopped barking, curled up and went to sleep. Hopefully we have caught it in time and he won't have to go in for a culture. He really hates it and gets traumatized by it. That's why the vet allows us to use the medicine to try and stop it.

I am not so affected by this one. I mean I am concerned, and love the fact that Joie is more cuddly when he isn't feeling well. But we have been through this many times before.

LP. Glad to see the kids are back on track.

Now I can not "prove" that DxW allows her dog bits and treats while sitting at the dining room table. She denies, while the dog sits expectantly and sometimes makes a commotion if something smells especially good at dinner. Sometimes her head practically swivels like a metronome as she watches your fork go from plate to mouth. Sometimes, mostly, she lays at our feet when we eat. The dog gets selected leftovers in her dish or even as a planned part of her dinner. She has her own dinner first while we make our own dinner. She is not deprived.

The last time her dog needed to take pills, it was given to her at lunch or dinner, after we made a big to do about sitting down and much attention was given to what was on OUR plates. Then her pill was presented to her on a people plate to lick. I know. I made Tuna samdwiches for lunch, which we ate out on the picnic table. The pill was pushed inside a bit of tuna/ bread. The dog licked it up and swallowed, wagged her tail and ask for 2nd's. Which we pulled bits off and tossed in the air for her to jump and catch.

She also likes to lick peanut butter. A tablespoon on a saucer, or better, in a cup, where she can really lick at it is fun. Funny. She licks up all the PB. The pill is still there. Not sure how their tongue can seem so wide and yet be so selective.

I suppose it's as hard to find what works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom