My watch band stinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last watch I owned was an Ironman jobber with a woven nylon strap. Has to be 20 years ago. It finally met it's end in a giant pot of mashed potatoes I was whipping for a catering job...

Did you get the potatoes done on time? How would you know?

It must have been from a time-tested recipe...

If the mashed wasn't very good, it probably because there were too many hands involved. You should have "watched" them more closely...

Wait. Your band failed? Drummers always are the first to blame the band...

That's all I got, for now...

My watch is a stainless steel Casio G-Shock with stainless band, but not an expansion band (I had to remove 2 links to make it fit). Any more, I will only wear a maintenance free watch, and this one never has to be set (resets on a radio signal from the Atomic Clock every night), never needs a new battery (Casio's Tough Solar rechargeable), waterproof to 200 meters, built in world clock so you just scroll through to the time zone where you are traveling, and a bunch of other features that I rarely use. Just about the only time it leaves my wrist is when I knead bread dough, and that's just to keep the dough out of the links. Maybe not for everyone, but it's the perfect watch for me.

Casio has so many watches that anyone can probably find the perfect one for them. I bought this one for the stainless band as I was tired of the plastic/rubber ones eventually getting brittle and breaking. I have 2 G-Shocks in my dresser and both still work just fine, just too hard to find a place that carries and replaces the bands any more when I live out in the boonies. I've worn Casio watches kayaking and scuba diving for more than 35 years and never had anything but the band fail. Really tough watches.

Casio Stainless Tough Solar

Last edited:
I've had the same Seiko watch with a stainless steel link bracelet (plain, sturdy, thin and lightweight) since 1982, about 36 years. It still works but I've stopped wearing it as I don't need to know what time it is as much and I have a phone with time in BIG numbers right with me.

I have looked at new watches but wouldn't buy what's available as they are all huge, heavy watches now.

Yeah, most men's watches are ridiculously large. I can't see myself wearing a clock on my wrist. :LOL:

Alcohol got rid of most of the odor. Dunking the bands in boiling water for a few minutes did the trick.

Yeah, most men's watches are ridiculously large. I can't see myself wearing a clock on my wrist. :LOL:

Alcohol got rid of most of the odor. Dunking the bands in boiling water for a few minutes did the trick.
WOO HOO, good that it worked.

I've had the same Seiko watch with a stainless steel link bracelet (plain, sturdy, thin and lightweight) since 1982, about 36 years. It still works but I've stopped wearing it as I don't need to know what time it is as much and I have a phone with time in BIG numbers right with me.

I have looked at new watches but wouldn't buy what's available as they are all huge, heavy watches now.

I have a TAG Heuer watch in a dresser drawer. It comes out just as "jewelry" when I dress up for some occasion. I can't read it without putting on my reading glasses, so I use my iPhone to know the time. I can even ask Siri the time in the middle of the night.

CD

Back
Top Bottom