Name of those things we put in the center of a 45 record ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably, but I have no idea what they are called..... even though I have a bunch of em downstairs.
Liked the first song, though.... LOL.

I think it was just a "disk". You would use it for 45's and take it off when you wanted to play a 33.

I am sure there is a name. The scrabble players will show up soon and to let us know the official name.

There are two kinds, those that snap into the record and stay with the record, they are called spindle inserts. Then there are the turntable adapters that stay on the turntable.

The very first 45 single I ever purchased was American Woman by Guess Who in 1970. I remember I couldn't play it because I didn't have any of those 45 RPM inserts.

So I went to Sears and bought these:
img_755208_0_875f5acab83a9a077ca5e3541694adab.jpg

When we were watching Survivor a few weeks ago, we noticed that Sugar was wearing a necklace made with one of them.

:)Barbara

My Mom had a HUGE collection of 45's. I remember as a kid there were drawers and boxes full of them. I think she gave them all away, but still has her 33's. I even had a few 78's made from that super thick vinyl. lol

How about 8 tracks? I still, to this day, cannot listen to REO Speedwagon's Keep on Loving You with out waiting for the "fade out...CLUNK...fade in" at the guitar solo. LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom