Name that food...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm back. sorry, had a cat emergency yesterday.

ok, so: chilies, sugar, salt, garlic, distilled vinegar, potassium sorbate, contains sodium bisulfite as preservatives, and xanthan gum.

Going with a hot sauce...need a brand name?

Kitty OK? Those are BIG emergencies in our world.

yup, a brand name. it's a commonly known hot sauce.

hint: something to do with coq au vin.

and thanks, our cat hercules is hanging in there. he was given meticam, an nsaid, after having 6 teeth pulled due to infections. many cats don't metabolize nsaids very well, and it can cause renal and other failures.the docs never warned us, nor even told us to monitor certain things. we had to rush him back to the hospital on wednesday. the worry now is lower g.i. peritonitis from ulcers or leisions from the meticam.

dw is battling the docs bravely over it though. this is one of those risky side effects things that when it happens, they play stupid. we're gonna move him to a new cat hospital today, i think, if they don't get in touch with the manufacturer to coordinate a recovery protocol. (yes, i know, for a cat...)

anyway, back to hot sauces.

OK, its not Franks. Is it Louisiana Hot Sauce?

Our kitty is on daily Metacam for her arthritis and its been a miracle drug for her. She can now go up and down the stairs with ease and slap the crap out of the dog when she feels feisty.

I'll say a prayer for Hercules and your wife's patience, she is going to need it. Hang in there, you aren't going to lose him too. He sounds like a tough bugger. (Much like his owner??) You want the name of the vet my sister used? She sang their praises (they even made housecalls). She was in Roebling.

nope, not frank's.

thanks about the prayers and vet too. unfortunately roebling is a long way away.

as far as the metacam goes, it's a hit-n-miss thing. it can work, or it can kill. our biggest arguement, under the circumstances of his age and previous renal problems, is that we should have been warned and given some heads up about what to watch for with the side effects.

ok, back on topic. it's a foreign style hot sauce, but it's made in the us of a.

Here's a Canadian one for you all. US residents feel free to Google.

Sugar, fractionated palm kernel oil, corn flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, whey powder buttermilk powder, cocoa powder, skim milk powder, wheat starch, honey, salt sodium bicarb, soya lecithin, natural vanilla flavour, artificial flavour, tocopherols.

Sooo freaking good. I'm eating them right now. I used to send these to PA Baker.

Sugar, fractionated palm kernel oil, corn flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, whey powder buttermilk powder, cocoa powder, skim milk powder, wheat starch, honey, salt sodium bicarb, soya lecithin, natural vanilla flavour, artificial flavour, tocopherols.

Sooo freaking good. I'm eating them right now. I used to send these to PA Baker.
is something along the lines of a party mix with corn cereal and chocolate cereals?

Mmmm no not really. There is chocolate involved and a cookie type thing.

I'll give you a big hint. Made in Winnipeg.

I'm racking my brain for product labels I have read. I don't remember any that said Made in Winnipeg.

Thats just to help with Googling Andy. They are actually made on Bow Island in Calgary. However, they were "invented" in Winnipeg.

Yes

Back
Top Bottom