Name that food...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Close... Do you have a name for this type if sandwich?

I didn't, but between Google and Wikipedia I get: Bánh mì

I have never had one. I had heard of Vietnamese sandwiches. The fish sauce made it sound Asian, as did the daikon, while baguette and pork pâté made it sound French, so Vietnamese ;)

Yep.

It's a bahn mi. One of my go-to lunch options, as Chinatown isn't too far from my office.

Good sleuthing!

Thank you. They sound like they might be really yummy. I'll have to give them a try

here goes:

sugar
cocoa mass
glucose
cocoa butter
butteroil
soya lecithin
peppermint oil
vanilla
citric acid
invertase
may contain milk

Not juniormints.

It is a brand I'm looking for. I Googled, they are available all over North America, the U.K., and Europe.

taxlady, I know you're looking for something specific, but I have no clue which of the guesses is close or what to look for or think about. Can you please post a hint or two?

My original thought when we started this thread was that we use our culinary skills to figure out what is posted rather than resorting to Google.

I'm always up for a great game of hangman if all other hints fail! ;)

taxlady, I know you're looking for something specific, but I have no clue which of the guesses is close or what to look for or think about. Can you please post a hint or two?

Your first guess, peppermint patty, is basically correct.

Hint 1: I was expecting one of the Brits to guess the brand name. I suspect, now, that they are more common in Europe and Canada than in the US.

Hint 2: Look up the Andes chocolates, that people guessed, on Wikipedia.

My original thought when we started this thread was that we use our culinary skills to figure out what is posted rather than resorting to Google.

Sorry about that. I saw previous posts that required a brand name.

I'm always up for a great game of hangman if all other hints fail! ;)

We can do that if the other hints don't produce the answer soon.

So are you looking for who makes this particular peppermint candy? I looked up Andes mints and I get Tootsie? Is that it?

And asking for a brand name on something is fine if its something pretty common I think. Like...Kraft Dinner or Velveeta, or a candy bar. I think we all occasionally hit something that folks can't guess for whatever reason.

They aren't made by the same company as the Andes mints.

I really thought everyone would know this brand. I even googled to make sure it was available in the US. I can find them everywhere here in Quebec. I could ask my DH to pick up a box at the local pharmacy.

Back
Top Bottom