Names for the new pups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke king

Sous Chef
Well, if all goes well, our new JRT pups will be New Years furbabies. I know that its a little early to decide on names, but I've kinda got my heart set on "Axe" and "Smash", named after the infamous 80's rassling duo.:punk:

As most of you have probably already guessed, Mrs. SK doesn't agree. And her being the voice of reason in my life, my tendency is to go along with her instincts, as they are usually correct.

As much as I want to stand my ground on this one, I'll put it to my fellow DC'ers-what do you think? Any other suggestions??

I'm a firm believer in letting puppies and kittens "tell" you their names. That's hard to do in advance! Good luck!

:)Barbara

I'm a firm believer in letting puppies and kittens "tell" you their names. That's hard to do in advance! Good luck!

:)Barbara

Well, going from experience, they would call themselves Yap and Yappier :LOL:
I took care of a brace of PRTs before, Jack and Coke :rolleyes:
Females I like Lucy. Males you might as well call Yo-Yo, both for their constant jumping up and down and their attitudes.

I'm like Barbara L's suggestion. When I got my dogs, they are with me for several days before a name develops. I think Axe and Smash are cool names, you need me to talk to the misses for you???

You can pick names ahead of time, and you can impose those on the pups, but I think once they arrive, they will suggest their own names, and everyone will be happier if they get the names that really fit them.

Some names may sound cool or cute, but if the animal doesn't relate to it, its useless.

When I got Julia, I wanted to name her Crème Caramel, because that's what her coloring suggested to me. But she didn't respond to that name, nor to any of the diminutives of that name I could think of. A friend (over the phone) suggested Julia, and I just repeated the name out loud. That's all it took for the kitten to run over and plop herself in my lap. Julia it was!

Truth be told, I must agree. The pups will "name themselves" upon arrival. The anticipation and excitement of their imminent arrival is getting the better of me. I'm sure many of you remember my posting about the loss of my beloved JRT Bailey tragically and unexpectedly this past summer, and the new pups will be Baileys Nieces/Nephews (?) the mother is Baileys sister, Bandit.

So, maybe I got a little ahead of myself. I honestly haven't stopped greiving over little Bailey yet :( But getting an email from the breeder sure brightened my day, for awhile anyhow.

And while its probably too early to worry about naming them just yet, I guess this was my way of sharing what is to me great news.:clap:

....and I'm still open to suggestions, although Energizer and Duracell are going to be hard to beat:LOL:.

Aren't these people at DC the best? Such names, wish I would have done t his. I just kept the names they had from REscue group and Humane Society. I did not like the names but figured if I changed them would be bad luck. Why do I think like that? Guess I want them so much to have perfect life after going through feeling of not being wanted. I could have taken them all but just got these two who I question every day if I can handle the next .

smoke king: wise decision to get two right away. you won't be sorry. Another plus is from the same family. I still miss my two girls they were sisters. These two hard time adjusting to each other. Figure they got to work it out some way . Please let us know when you get them I bet you are counting the days. I am grateful you had the breeder you had with Bailey. Gives you secure feeling. I am sure Bailey is watching all this goings on.

Such unique names. You guys at DC can't be beat.

Well since I last reported, Mrs SK has also nixed ignigknot, err, and Thundercleese (She thinks I watch too many cartoons-can you believe her!)

The good news is that Rev and Sprocket, as well as peaches and herb, have made it to the next round!!

:) How about I go or we go so when your running down the street to catch them you are yelling Here I go or here we go. The whole neighborhood will think you have gone completely insane.Just kidding but kinda not.

Back
Top Bottom