"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to JDP
I'm in food sales and calling on accounts between 12 and 1:30 is not a good idea due to lunch hours. I will pull up by an account set my cell phone alarm an take an hour drooler. It is the best! I wake up refreshed and ready to go. I look back at kindergarten and how we would fight not to take a nap. Man we were idiots back then.

JDP

Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Currently I'm not a napper because, most of the time, when I take a nap during the day I don't sleep well at night. Maybe I need to perfect the skill.

However, I still remember my grandfather taking a short nap (about 30 minutes) every afternoon. My father, a country doctor who made house calls, etc., also religiously took a short nap after lunch every day before afternoon office hours. I guess that helped recharge him for his unbelievable daily schedule.

I also learned, when I worked floor duty at the hospital many, many years ago, that putting my head down for about 15 or 20 minutes really refreshed me. I wish I could do that now. Maybe I should try to revisit that skill.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
I do enjoy all your feedback. Give me perspective of what you think about topic I hear. I can talk more freely here than anyplace.

kitchenelf, that sounds perfect to me. Only in my dreams(nap) could I do this. I feel rest does body good but try to tell someone else you have to work with. Or your family that thinks you should be available when they need you.

pdswife. I knew you would be t he one who is blessed. I am not envious just thankful for all your nap time.

amber it did sound pretty convincing that is why I brought it up. On weekend t hey cherish their naps.

I have to get up at 5 and maybe get to bed around 12 if I am lucky. Kind of limited around here. Guess I am slowing down due to the weather being so cold.
Napping for adults is fine if you need it, but as I said, I get around 7 hours or more of sleep. I cannot nap because it would throw my sleep cycle off even if I had less sleep.