National Park Stupid Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was in Yellowstone and shouted "OK Ed let her go".

And then, fortuitously, Old Faithful was, well, faithful.

I am sure a bunch of foreign tourists think the whole thing is a Disney creation.

But we had fun.

Reminds me of the days when I had to do software support, Buck. :LOL:

CLIENT: The screen says to press the any key to continue and I don't have one on my keyboard.
ME: That just means to press any key you want on the keyboard.
CLIENT: Olay - nothing happened.
ME: What key did you press?
CLIENT: The shift key.
ME: The shift key won't work - press another key.
CLIENT: OK - that didn't work, either.
ME: What key did you press this time?
CLIENT: The caps lock key.
ME: Try this - press the space bar.
CLIENT: Hey - that worked! Why didn't they just say that in the manual?
ME: I don't know, I didn't write the manual ....

This is just one of my first experiences ....

Here are some more tech support war stories others have had.

The funnest thing is showing people the 'degauss' button on a monitor!

Walked into the Tape Library at the company I used to work for long long ago and got told by the 'resident computer expert' there that the computer would need a new video card as the whole color scheme had gone wacko. The shift supervisor, however, insisted she should put the monitor on another computer and see if it had the same problem thus indicating it was the monitor not the card.
I just pushed the 'degauss' button, turned around, and left!

I saw a bloopers type show once, where they put a big valve wheel (not sure if that is what it is called, but you turn the wheel to turn something on and off) in front of Old Faithful. Just as Old Faithful was about to go off, someone yelled something like, "Let her go" and someone turned the wheel. It was hilarious because a lot of people believed they were turning it on and off!

:)Barbara

Was in Yellowstone and shouted "OK Ed let her go".

And then, fortuitously, Old Faithful was, well, faithful.

I am sure a bunch of foreign tourists think the whole thing is a Disney creation.

But we had fun.

Aunt Dot, I hate to say it, but I'm guessing the US visitors ask dumber questions than the foreign tourists..... :rolleyes:

Is the Mule Train air conditioned? :wacko: Well, I guess that all depends upon if it's a windy day! :huh:

Used to work in a resort hotel at the beach in the summer when in college. Every room was ocean front. (Atlantic Ocean, you know, pretty big body of water.) As you drove up the driveway to the parking area you saw the ocean. The lobby had ocean view and doors to a deck and access to the boardwalk, beach, and water. I was always asked, day or night, "so where's the water?"

I get asked stupid questions everyday at work. Someone buys a cake and asks if I can put it in a container for them.

No ya dweeb we're not allowed to give you containers.

I showed these questions to my 10-year-old grandson last night, and he couldn't believe how stupid these questions were.

Middie, I'm trying to picture you handing an unpackaged cake to this guy. Did it not occur to him that he had never seen anyone walking through the store with an unpackaged cake? Sheesh!

:)Barbara

Oh Barbara it is way too tempting lmao. I have actually told people no and they look horrified until I start giggling and tell them I'm kidding. And yes my manager was standing there when I've done it. She thinks it's hilarious. One of these days I'm going to leave out the I'm kidding part.

Oh Barbara it is way too tempting lmao. I have actually told people no and they look horrified until I start giggling and tell them I'm kidding. And yes my manager was standing there when I've done it. She thinks it's hilarious. One of these days I'm going to leave out the I'm kidding part.
"I'm sorry sir, didn't you read the notice on the front of the store that you have to bring your own cake carrier?"

:-pBarbara

Reminds me of the days when I had to do software support, Buck. :LOL:

CLIENT: The screen says to press the any key to continue and I don't have one on my keyboard.
ME: That just means to press any key you want on the keyboard.
CLIENT: Olay - nothing happened.
ME: What key did you press?
CLIENT: The shift key.
ME: The shift key won't work - press another key.
CLIENT: OK - that didn't work, either.
ME: What key did you press this time?
CLIENT: The caps lock key.
ME: Try this - press the space bar.
CLIENT: Hey - that worked! Why didn't they just say that in the manual?
ME: I don't know, I didn't write the manual ....

This is just one of my first experiences ....

Here are some more tech support war stories others have had.
Mike, you don't want to ever deal with me then. You'd be bald by now. Anytime I call out my husband's name or son's for computer help they duck and run for cover. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom