NBC Cans 'Celebrity Cooking'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ironchef said:
Thank God.

:LOL: I know... that show was terrible!

What is up with all these shows with washed up "celebs" trying to out-perform one another? (Dancing with the Stars, Skating With the Stars, etc.) Ick.

Thought I was at a Rock Concert. How much did they pay the audience to pump 'em up! :LOL:

Actually, everything that Patti made looked really good - 'cept the big roses in the trifle. Surprised Wolfie didn't come up with something better.

Last edited:
I have to agree - I thought it was pretty bad. Must've missed the first episode with Patti LaBelle. I got Tom-used-to-be-married-to-Rosanne-Arnold.

He admitted he'd never cooked before. So they give him Wolfgang Puck, right? I'm surprised Mr. Puck didn't just commit suicide on the stage.

The first thing they do - keeping in mind this man supposedly has never cooked - is give him Kobe beef, which I've never seen and is supposed to be the elite of the elitest of bovines. They then feed this beautiful meat through a grinder, to make, of all things, mini hamburgers!! The sheer horror made me want to scream and recoil in utter disgust!

They move on to the cooking. Never mind the Miss-America or whoever she is perky model-type and her avant-garde no-calorie sushi type food.

Never mind the hairy guy I never heard of whose personality is clearly grating on my nerves before the show is over. At least he has some basic kitchen skills.

I am transfixed and appalled by Tom Arnold. Poor guy is sweating, he's so nervous and working so hard. Why, he is sweating streams, right INTO the food he's preparing! That was enough to keep you from ever eating out again.

Ah, but the fun was just getting started. Tom proceded to BURN the ground Kobe beef burgers. They stuck to the grill. I had to stop watching. My family waits patiently all year to get that one $75-$100 beef roast at Christmas. It is not Kobe beef, but it is prepared with all the respect and love these hands can give it. To say I was appalled, was, well, an understatement.

Of course, in the end, the perky Miss USA or model-type won, with her fabo avant-garde sushi-type food. As if the suspense had been killing us all.

I cannot say I am surprised by the cancellation. Darn. I may still have to have therapy over the Kobe beef incident - we're not sure yet. Maybe if they cancel quickly enough, I can put those sad memories behind me and try to get over it as best I can. Perhaps the beef farmers themselves threatened to kill Tom Arnold and Wolfgang Puck for allowing such a travesty to occur.

I, for one, am just waiting for America to realize it has hit rock-bottom when it comes to cultural entertainment in all its many forms.

All I ask, is just please, PLEASE respect the beef. . .know it, revere it, love it tenderly and let it clog your arteries the way it was meant to. Grind your own meat, if you want - I also own a meat grinder. But for pity's sake, if you find yourself in possession of $50+/lb. beef, DON'T make hamburgers out of it!!!

Cheers - Beth

BethCross said:
. Never mind the Miss-America or whoever she is perky model-type and her avant-garde no-calorie sushi type food.

gasp....GASP!!!! you've just assasinated 2 great institutions!!!

BethCross said:
Of course, in the end, the perky Miss USA or model-type won, with her fabo avant-garde sushi-type food. As if the suspense had been killing us all.

thank god. whew! it would have been un-american otherwise...:)

beth, there is a local restaurant that actually advertises "kobe burgers" on a radio commercial here. i was appalled, like you, when i heard of it. i can only hope they're using scraps.

I saw only a piece of it too and wasn't impressed. The ones on the food network are good! The chef challenge things. I guess the celebrities should stay out of it!

BethCross said:
I have to agree - I thought it was pretty bad. Must've missed the first episode with Patti LaBelle. I got Tom-used-to-be-married-to-Rosanne-Arnold.

He admitted he'd never cooked before. So they give him Wolfgang Puck, right? I'm surprised Mr. Puck didn't just commit suicide on the stage.

The first thing they do - keeping in mind this man supposedly has never cooked - is give him Kobe beef, which I've never seen and is supposed to be the elite of the elitest of bovines. They then feed this beautiful meat through a grinder, to make, of all things, mini hamburgers!! The sheer horror made me want to scream and recoil in utter disgust!

They move on to the cooking. Never mind the Miss-America or whoever she is perky model-type and her avant-garde no-calorie sushi type food.

Never mind the hairy guy I never heard of whose personality is clearly grating on my nerves before the show is over. At least he has some basic kitchen skills.

I am transfixed and appalled by Tom Arnold. Poor guy is sweating, he's so nervous and working so hard. Why, he is sweating streams, right INTO the food he's preparing! That was enough to keep you from ever eating out again.

Ah, but the fun was just getting started. Tom proceded to BURN the ground Kobe beef burgers. They stuck to the grill. I had to stop watching. My family waits patiently all year to get that one $75-$100 beef roast at Christmas. It is not Kobe beef, but it is prepared with all the respect and love these hands can give it. To say I was appalled, was, well, an understatement.

I cannot say I am surprised by the cancellation. Darn. I may still have to have therapy over the Kobe beef incident - we're not sure yet. Maybe if they cancel quickly enough, I can put those sad memories behind me and try to get over it as best I can. Perhaps the beef farmers themselves threatened to kill Tom Arnold and Wolfgang Puck for allowing such a travesty to occur.

I, for one, am just waiting for America to realize it has hit rock-bottom when it comes to cultural entertainment in all its many forms.

All I ask, is just please, PLEASE respect the beef. . .know it, revere it, love it tenderly and let it clog your arteries the way it was meant to. Grind your own meat, if you want - I also own a meat grinder. But for pity's sake, if you find yourself in possession of $50+/lb. beef, DON'T make hamburgers out of it!!!

Cheers - Beth

Welcome to DC, Beth!

Did Miss America wear her crown while she cooked? LOL

Celebrity Cooking + Tom Arnold + burnt, sweaty Kobe hamburger =

Your review had me in stitches, Beth. You should do this for a living, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom