"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
Head Chef

Do you really want a critique?
I would change the font (like I suggested earlier). and I would make the picture relate to the title (like I said earlier). The viewer is not the person that should need a reference. YOU can refer to other posters, but that doesn't mean lifting disparate elements and putting them in yours. It means to look at how titles and pictures relate to each other in a successful movie poster.
If you want praise, then don't ask for a critique. cuz you'll get what you ask for.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
Do you really want a critique?
I would change the font (like I suggested earlier). and I would make the picture relate to the title (like I said earlier). The viewer is not the person that should need a reference. YOU can refer to other posters, but that doesn't mean lifting disparate elements and putting them in yours. It means to look at how titles and pictures relate to each other in a successful movie poster.
If you want praise, then don't ask for a critique. cuz you'll get what you ask for.
Thank you Wyogal, and I'll ask for one ina while, my teacher said the same thing you did earlier. And I've changed a lot except for the font>text undernith the picture. I'm not sure what font will look good for undernith the son of dracula.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #13
Head Chef

since you already have the blood dripping font in the title, something plain, black would work fine. Also, if going with the Russia theme, a pic of the kremlin with a teen vampire might help connect your themes. or a Russian Orthodox cross-bearing person (like when they use a cross to ward off vampires)

Old 10-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
since you already have the blood dripping font in the title, something plain, black would work fine. Also, if going with the Russia theme, a pic of the kremlin with a teen vampire might help connect your themes. or a Russian Orthodox cross-bearing person (like when they use a cross to ward off vampires)
Good point, Well I am going for the lost boys feel for the vampire, and I will be the vampire and do a lot of post processing with out ANY make up on.

However it will take me about 2 hours to do that but I got time to kill.

By the way a little update, Yeah I know the text need to be changed like Wyogal stated.

But here's a slight update "I may end up taking the black thing out and maybe doing a fade effect of my face.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

What is that big towering thing on the right.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
What is that big towering thing on the right.
You mean the building?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
Chief Eating Officer

I can only guess that is what it is. It looks completely out of place and fake. it is hard to even tell it is a building. Did you add that in? What is the purpose of having it there?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
Head Chef

yes, I know what you mean, but I still think that you can't just take your favorite aspects of different posters and mash them together. The image and the text must relate TO EACH OTHER, not some other movie poster you like.
For example: the cityscape you are using DOES NOT make one think of Russia.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I can only guess that is what it is. It looks completely out of place and fake. it is hard to even tell it is a building. Did you add that in? What is the purpose of having it there?
Im not sure guys.

When I did a search for city scapes that was 50 + to download the http: said something like http://www.russa.user/images/russa.tiff
Old 10-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #20
Head Chef

whatever it is, it is not an iconic Russian cityscape, which would suit you better, you know, onion domes and all that.

Closed Thread