"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #21
Sous Chef

You're right Wyogal, I may just get rid of the text under the Son Of Dracula.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #22
Head Chef

try some of these, if you want to keep Russia
iconic russian images kremlin - Google Images

Old 10-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #23
Head Chef

If you are not going to use the Russian theme, you still need to relate the cityscape with your title. so far, they don't relate at all.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #24
Chief Eating Officer

What exactly are you looking to get across to the person viewing this?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
What exactly are you looking to get across to the person viewing this?
Gothic and vampire feel, horror feel. This movie poster would be a rated R "also I'm going for a lost boys - blade cross over feel.

Anyways here is what I have so far. And yes that's a black out over the text, I did that to protect my folks names. My teacher told us we had to use real names but fake titles.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #26
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
Gothic and vampire feel, horror feel. This movie poster would be a rated R "also I'm going for a lost boys - blade cross over feel.
I guess I just do not see how what you have portrays what you are going for. Other than the bloody lettering, what about what you have portrays "vampire"? What about it is gothic? It actually looks the opposite of gothic. You have a futuristic looking building (that loos like it was copied and pasted) that is towering above everything else and looks to be about 10 miles tall. How does that fit in with your gothic theme? I am not familiar with blade so I can't talk to that, but what about this says Lost Boys to you? I do not see a single thing in here that would make me think Lost Boys. Lost Boys was a teenage vampire movie from the 80's set in CA. What elements of your poster have to do with anything like that or anything else that would say Lost Boys to someone looking at it?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #27
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I guess I just do not see how what you have portrays what you are going for. Other than the bloody lettering, what about what you have portrays "vampire"? What about it is gothic? It actually looks the opposite of gothic. You have a futuristic looking building (that loos like it was copied and pasted) that is towering above everything else and looks to be about 10 miles tall. How does that fit in with your gothic theme? I am not familiar with blade so I can't talk to that, but what about this says Lost Boys to you? I do not see a single thing in here that would make me think Lost Boys. Lost Boys was a teenage vampire movie from the 80's set in CA. What elements of your poster have to do with anything like that or anything else that would say Lost Boys to someone looking at it?
Well it's a spoof, The teacher wanted a spoof of our favorite movie in the horror genera. And now that you metioned that about the building I think your right.

Grrr, It's kind of late to redo everything though since the deadline is veryclose.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #28
Chief Eating Officer

How is this spoofing anything though. There needs to be some connection to what you are spoofing and other than the text, nothing about the images relate to anything you mentioned above or anything you want to spoof. How is an image of a city at night from far above a spoof of an 80's teen vampire movie or anything else you listed?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #29
Head Chef

yep, GB, that's what I've been saying, the images need to relate to the text, to what CC wants to portray, not something that only relates inside his own head.
Nothing about it, except for the bloody lettering, relates to the title.
and if you, CC, were to spend time implementing suggestions instead of chatting online, defending what you are doing, you might get something done.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #30
Chief Eating Officer

Think of it this way CC. It you removed the text and were just left with the graphics, and you asked someone off the street what this poster was about, what would they say? I would be willing to bet a my salary for a year that not a single person would say vampires, lost boys, or anything gothic.

Closed Thread