"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #31
Everymom

Make sure you spell Russia correctly if you decide to use that.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Ok, I've been searching for the right 80's feel city picture and I think I've found it.

I want your opinions please? After the next post I think I will go and play halo for a while clear my head. And come back with some fresh idea's

Oh and Alix I didn't see your post, Thanks I don't think I''ve spelled it correctly!

By the way this is Chicago, least people be able to recognize it!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #33
Head Chef

You are STILL making the connection in your OWN head, not on paper. The cityscape STILL does not relate to the title.
The viewer of your poster is NOT making a connection to the title.
BTW, have you found your college's tutoring office yet? They all have them. I would recommend you go there instead of playing video games if you want to get this project done.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #34
Chief Eating Officer

Just like the other one, there is nothing about this that says 80's. CC, what do you see in this picture that says 80's to you? Someone off the street looking at this would not know what decade it was from. Is it the 80's, 90's, 00's? There is nothing in the photo distinguishing it as 80's. Also the picture is horribly warped.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #35
Head Chef

Look at some of these:
"son of dracula" movie posters - Google Images
There is a vampire in them... see how it relates to the title? I don't really care that you are trying to go for an 80" "Lost Boys" feel, you are obviously not succeeding.
and in the lost boys posters:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...qi=g10&start=0
there are pictures that RELATE to the title, pictures of boy vampires

Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Thank you GB & wyogal, I'll work on it a little bit longer after dinner.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #37
Master Chef

What does a modern visual of Chicago have to do with "Son of Dracula"? There's absolutely no connection whatsoever. And since my husband & I are hard-core classic horror film fans & have a book & video library of pretty much every classic film produced, I know from whence I speak.

You cannot even hope to make a "spoof" if there's no original connection to begin with. I'm kind of thinking you need to wake up more in class, because surely there was something covered there before this assignment was made. Class assignments aren't made willy-nilly; they're assigned so that you can implement what you've learned in the class. I really can't see that you've grasped the point. Agree with Wyogal that perhaps you need to go back to the instructor for some pointers. And if it's too late to do that, whose fault is that? By the time one has reached college-level stuff, procrastination should have long been on a back burner somewhere. And the fact that you need to go play video games rather than work on this says an awful lot about your work ethic here.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #38
Chief Eating Officer

OK lets lay off the criticism of CC's work ethic and paying attention in class. That is not what this thread is about Please keep all comments related to critiquing his project, not critiquing him.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #39
Master Chef

Okay. Here's a BIG "hint". Have you watched the original versions of "Frankenstein" & "Bride of Frankenstein"? And then have you watched Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein?" "Young Frankenstein" is a SPOOF of the preceding 2 movies. Does that in any way sort of give you an idea of how your "Son of Dracula" movie poster is not a spoof of anything?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #40
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
What does a modern visual of Chicago have to do with "Son of Dracula"? There's absolutely no connection whatsoever. And since my husband & I are hard-core classic horror film fans & have a book & video library of pretty much every classic film produced, I know from whence I speak.

You cannot even hope to make a "spoof" if there's no original connection to begin with. I'm kind of thinking you need to wake up more in class, because surely there was something covered there before this assignment was made. Class assignments aren't made willy-nilly; they're assigned so that you can implement what you've learned in the class. I really can't see that you've grasped the point. Agree with Wyogal that perhaps you need to go back to the instructor for some pointers. And if it's too late to do that, whose fault is that? By the time one has reached college-level stuff, procrastination should have long been on a back burner somewhere. And the fact that you need to go play video games rather than work on this says an awful lot about your work ethic here.
Not trying to be mean but I have a 4.0 in this class as of right now, so I've been paying attention in it. And now since I've got some r&r I can rethink my assignment.

By the way Our assignment was right on the money, however he said we can dow hat ever we wanted too. I can scan in the assinment. and I got this thursday plus next thursday to get it done.