Need a little Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i certainly do. no Christmas spirit at all. haven't decorated yet. nor done any baking.

did get almost of shopping done, but did it on-line.

i am always sad this time of year, as you all know. but this seems to be very different. everthing is just a big chore for me.

am going to big lots and michaels tomorrow hoping just the bright colors will pep me up.

what do you do to get a little Christmas in your life?:(

I am trying to feel the Christmas spirit here but so far I haven't really done it. I did put up the lights (well candles) and that is it. This is the first year without my mother and I can't image the holiday without her.

Oops the question was "what do you do to get a little Christmas in your life"

Well, you could start doing the things you say you haven't done yet, but I'm not convinced you have the desire to do those things yet. For me, doing those things is what really puts me in the spirit of the holiday. But, it sounds like you need encouragement to get to the point to do the spirit lifting things.

How about watching It's a Wonderful Life? Or A Christmas Story? What about riding around looking at decorated houses? How about searching victorian christmas traditions? How about finding the most christmas-y town in the USA and reading about it?

Feel like reading Dr. Seuss to the kids in the hospital? What about buying a couple of pairs of pajamas for some kids that are cold when they go to sleep? Are they any older widows or widowers that are alone for the first time that you can take shopping? Get out and get moving, my friend...get some fresh air and things will come to you.

Oh...and start wearing silly red socks. It's always a mood lifter.

one thing I have done to get out of a Holiday funk is drive around to a couple of nice family neighborhoods that have Christmas lights up. Makes me feel like a kid each time!

Hope the Holiday brightens for you Babe, I definately know the feeling...
hopefully your DC family can bring you a little cheer!

Attachments

• Who_in_Whoville_002[1].jpg
    Who_in_Whoville_002[1].jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 137
one thing I have done to get out of a Holiday funk is drive around to a couple of nice family neighborhoods that have Christmas lights up. Makes me feel like a kid each time!

Hope the Holiday brightens for you Babe, I definately know the feeling...
hopefully your DC family can bring you a little cheer!

I don't know who you've got wrapped in that red hood, but it's sooooooo cute!

i certainly do. no Christmas spirit at all. haven't decorated yet. nor done any baking.

did get almost of shopping done, but did it on-line.

i am always sad this time of year, as you all know. but this seems to be very different. everthing is just a big chore for me.

am going to big lots and michaels tomorrow hoping just the bright colors will pep me up.

what do you do to get a little Christmas in your life?:(

I went here and am on their forum too. Lots of pictures that are just beautiful. DH has the lights glowing outside, hehe.

All Things Christmas: For those who share the spirit of Xmas throughout the year.

I like the idea of the silly red socks and "It's a Wonderful Life"

I have never been big on Christmas... I love Thanksgiving but Christmas has alaways been a stressful obligation laden day.. I hate shopping and while I like giving gifts I dont really like obligitory gift giving. My families many disfuntions always seem to peak on Christmas. I think bening from a belnded family made it worse. It was never a relaxing or enjoyable day always bouncing from one family set to another. This year at least we have decidec to go light on the gifts. I really hate the commercialness.

I do want to put up lights on my house because my neighborhood can be dreary and I think it would be fin to brighten it up... its been sooo cold though that stringing lights up outside just seems unfun... maybe if the weather this weekend is warmen I will feel creative

I am trying to feel the Christmas spirit here but so far I haven't really done it. I did put up the lights (well candles) and that is it. This is the first year without my mother and I can't image the holiday without her.

Oops the question was "what do you do to get a little Christmas in your life"
Start wit one thing you've been putting off, get it done and then offer it to your mom for all she did for you..This will keep her in your good thoughts and warm your soul..In the mean time I'll pray that you get soem cheer and it helps you remember all the good times...
kadesma

Feel like reading Dr. Seuss to the kids in the hospital? What about buying a couple of pairs of pajamas for some kids that are cold when they go to sleep? Are they any older widows or widowers that are alone for the first time that you can take shopping?

Well said VB. It is, simply about giving.

Can I just steal one of these this year so I don't have to do my own?:

Attachments

• xmastree2.jpg
    xmastree2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 148
I swore I had some around here..... right before Thanksgiving....
but now I can't find it.
Need to start cookies..... don't wanna.
Should dig out decorations... getting the tree tomorrow... don't wanna.
But, I suppose as the wise Vera says I ought to just go do it..... it may show up...

Oh I wonder if its in that big pile of crap on the hutch.... I'll go look.
:)

lol... If you find some Suzi
can you send it my way? I'm having trouble locating it too and I've been through the "hutch of death" already

Back
Top Bottom