"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
Head Chef

I have a VOIP (Vonage) phone line that I can call anywhere in the US for no extra charge. I can also be a part of the telephone tree and would be so pleased to take my turn.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #12
Master Chef

whooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo this is great!!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
This does remind me that we do have some members' names and numbers in a private area that only Admins can see. If we don't hear from someone in what we think is a VERY long time, and we are worried, that person has provided us a number of theirs, or a friend/family number, for us to call to check up on them. If anyone wants us to have that information please feel free to PM an Admin with that info. We've been given private e-mails, phone numbers, and in some cases, addresses. This info is strictly confidential and used ONLY if we are very worried.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Babe - Sorry about your fall ,and feelings of isolation. I think one of the things not suggested here is doing a bit of research on what's available locally to you in services, and possible activities that may cost little or nothing.

A quick search turned up this link, and from perusing their site, if they don't have specific ideas/options for you with where you are located, they should be able to put you into contact with those that can.

ElderCarelink - Find Local Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Homes, Senior Adult Day Care & Home Health Care Providers

Here's a link that might provide some assistance or information based on elder care from your home town.

InHomeCare.com - California Homecare Agencies & Companion Services for the Elderly & Seniors. CA

And as you know, you are in my heart.

Bob
Old 07-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #15
Head Chef

Have you considered moving to a retirement community? The San Diego area is full of them: Retirement Communities in San Diego
Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

i am overwhelmed by your response. i need to read again and we will figure something out. i would feel safer having u all in my corner.

babe
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am overwhelmed by your response. i need to read again and we will figure something out. i would feel safer having u all in my corner.

babe
hello sweetie!! we will take care of you sweets. but due to the fact that i am 3,000 miles away and i am not sure if anyone is local to you we will need some info: your full name, addy and phone number, an emergency contact number, a local hospital number and the number of local emergency response team (police, first aid and fire). you can PM to admin for privacy and then they can get info to us.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #18
Head Chef

I'm sure we can set up a system whereby we rotate calling you at a certain time each day...my only problem would be if our internet isn't working (power failure, etc., which happens more often this time of year, but usually at night). You decide, babe, and maybe Alix can coordinate stuff.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

that sounds good to me karen, and that would be wonderful if alix could do that, i would not know where to start. please let me know what u need from me, numbers etc. you are all so kind and i don't feel so alone right now.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
hello sweetie!! we will take care of you sweets. but due to the fact that i am 3,000 miles away and i am not sure if anyone is local to you we will need some info: your full name, addy and phone number, an emergency contact number, a local hospital number and the number of local emergency response team (police, first aid and fire). you can PM to admin for privacy and then they can get info to us.
pm this list to me and i will get it done tell me who to send it too.

babe