"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 09-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Ah Karen that did not sound offending to me at all.

middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #52
Executive Chef
Awww, Babe, that's rotten. For you and for Saige! How old is she? Please tell her Terry says Happy Birthday anyway and I hope this year will be a great one for her. And Karen is right - you are a wonderful Grandma!

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #53
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
That's horrible Babe. I'm glad you helped make the day better than it could have been for Saige. All those who bailed should feel ashamed of themselves.

i concur!!! fer SHAME, those guys making her cry. my eyes welled reading your post, babe.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #54
Head Chef
Dear friends, I have been so tired all day, I just got to the computer!!! The party went really really well - everyone had a great time and the last guest didn't leave until almost 2 am. I had a very enlightening talk with the woman who inspired my "no uninvited guests" email. She said "You didn't fool me with your email...I knew it was meant for me. And I don't blame you a bit!" And gave me a hug. I think we are better friends now...obviously, honesty is the best policy. All's well that ends well.

Thanks so much for your confidence-inspiring messages. You are a genuinely wonderful group of friends and I treasure you all.

Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #55
Executive Chef
Thats wonderful Karen! It is always best to be honest and say whats on your mind....in a polite way of course!!

Now correct me if I am wrong but you did say you wouldn't mind sharing that recipe now with us right???
"Many people have eaten my cooking & gone on to lead Normal lives."

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
You certainly couldn't have asked for a better outcome and you apparently handled it perfectly!!!! All's well that ends well.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #57
Head Chef
As others have stated, you handled better than I would have. I recall an "Adults Only" gathering DW and I attended where one couple brought their two human food vacuum cleaners about 11 & 12 years old (said they couldn't get a sitter). Those two kids ate almost three pounds of shrimp cocktails inside of the first 20 minutes of their arrival, thus denying the majority of the guests their share. The host tried to stop their massive consumption by saying to the father "Boy, those kids can really pack away the shrimp." The father's response was "Yeah, they really like good food, especially the good stuff that they don't get at home."

Some people are so self-centered that they just don't get it, and NEED to be told what the rules are. Good for you.
JoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #58
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Yay Karen! I'm so glad things turned out so well. I know you must feel like a huge load has been removed from you.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 AM   #59
Executive Chef
what you said is heads and tails better than what I would have written. I write now, think about the consquences later. you did good. shame on anyone for simply assuming something is ok because in that last case, it clearly wasn't ok.
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:40 AM   #60
Senior Cook
Karen that's great to hear, we told you! it's great that she was friendly enough to take it that way.

Lynd has too many handbags
Lynd is offline   Reply With Quote