Need all the help I can get.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't sweat the small stuff Chief. This is expected in your situation.

There is a reason. It's called love.

Let's hope life for you and yours can resume to as normal as can be as soon as can be.

The best for you my friend.
Never let go,
Z.

There is a very good reason you fall apart. It is because you are human and love your wife very much. You will find your strength anytime she needs you. Don't be concerned about us. Concentrate on your wife and yourself. We all are sending prayers every day for the both of you. Take care of yourself. Your wife will need your strength when she wakes up. And if she is showing signs of response, then you can look forward to seeing her wide open eyes real soon.

Chief, when Spike had his first heart attack, it was a massive one. We got the call for the family to come to the hospital. We waited for them to return him from the OR in the CICU. It was so hard to stand by his bedside and watch the machines breath for him. Then when they took him off the machine, was he going to be able to breath on his own? When he took that first breath, I broke into sobs. Real deep sobs. But I had the support of my family around me. You have not only your family at your side, but all the many, many friends that you have made here. You are now past that call to come to the hospital, and you can see her breathing on her own. That alone is a major good, big step.

God is with you at your side as well as your family. But I want you to know that if you feeling like yelling, or venting about the injustice of all of this, you know you have a place here to do it. There are times when we all question our own God. Why would he do something like this to a good person? And I can imagine you have also. That too is normal. Part of being human and loving your wife so much. Once she opens her eyes and smile at you, you will want to do a dance right then and there. Go ahead. We will all understand.

Take care of yourself and please do let us know how she is doing. Prayers are on the way. :angel:

And Chief one for your wife and one for you. We all need an angel watching over us. :angel::angel:

She's doing better. The staff at the hospital where she's being taken care of are top notch. They are doing things continuously to help her recover completely. She's not 100% yet, and it will take time. But she's getting stronger every day. She's fully awake now which is great as it shows that her brain functions are normal. It also means she can feel the pain, and discomfort that she's in.

I ask for continued prayers for her. Me, I'm doing ok. Concentrate the prayers on her.

Now, I need to see if there are any posts where I can help someone else. I've been given much support, incredible support. It's time I start giving back.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm so happy for you that you are able to give us good updates. Know that we'll all be praying or sending good thoughts your way for continued improvement, and for continued strength for you.

Of course it is. She has a heart of gold because of "putting up with" you. ;)

Yep, it's given her the strength to get through this. So, CG, my hope is that your best friend, your hubby, tease you, and challenge you as much as I do my DW, so you too can withstand the impossibilities of life.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

She's doing better. The staff at the hospital where she's being taken care of are top notch. They are doing things continuously to help her recover completely. She's not 100% yet, and it will take time. But she's getting stronger every day. She's fully awake now which is great as it shows that her brain functions are normal. It also means she can feel the pain, and discomfort that she's in.

I ask for continued prayers for her. Me, I'm doing ok. Concentrate the prayers on her.

Now, I need to see if there are any posts where I can help someone else. I've been given much support, incredible support. It's time I start giving back.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well, that certainly is good news. And when she starts to complain that they put the wrinkles in the sheets deliberately, hospital food tastes lousy, they wake her up in the middle of the night, etc. then you know she is really on the road to recovery and will be home soon. And that's when you learn to say, "Yes Dear." Again and again. All she is looking for is a sounding board. Complaining is a good sign.

You may be asking yourself, "How does she know all this?" Well, open heart surgery, gastroenterology surgery, hysterectomy, numerous I&Ds, spinal surgery, need I continue?

And don't forget to tell her "I love you" at least once a day. We never say it often enough. And as humans, we can never hear it too often. :angel: And one for your DW. :angel:

I'm just now finding this post.

I'm so glad to read that she is doing better after reading that first post. How lucky she is to have a husband that is so loving and devoted as you. Here's to a quick recovery, sounds like she's in good hands and has people around giving her all the love she needs!

Well, that certainly is good news. And when she starts to complain that they put the wrinkles in the sheets deliberately, hospital food tastes lousy, they wake her up in the middle of the night, etc. then you know she is really on the road to recovery and will be home soon. And that's when you learn to say, "Yes Dear." Again and again. All she is looking for is a sounding board. Complaining is a good sign.

You may be asking yourself, "How does she know all this?" Well, open heart surgery, gastroenterology surgery, hysterectomy, numerous I&Ds, spinal surgery, need I continue?

And don't forget to tell her "I love you" at least once a day. We never say it often enough. And as humans, we can never hear it too often. :angel: And one for your DW. :angel:

That saying - I love you - we've been saying that multiple times a day every day since we got married. When I'm with her at the hospital, which is almost all day and into the night, I find myself saying it multiple times per hour. She knows that she is my life, and my eternal partner. She is just as caring to me. Way back when I asked her to marry me, I was determined to put every bit of myself into the marriage, and never looked back. Isn't that how a marriage is supposed to work? I believe it is.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

That saying - I love you - we've been saying that multiple times a day every day since we got married. When I'm with her at the hospital, which is almost all day and into the night, I find myself saying it multiple times per hour. She knows that she is my life, and my eternal partner. She is just as caring to me. Way back when I asked her to marry me, I was determined to put every bit of myself into the marriage, and never looked back. Isn't that how a marriage is supposed to work? I believe it is.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Yes it is, Chief. And when you get to that point, you say I love you in everything you do, not just in words. Like staying with her well into the night - you are putting her needs well above your own. But know that she also needs you to take care of yourself so you are strong for her.

You are all in my prayers daily.

Yes it is, Chief. And when you get to that point, you say I love you in everything you do, not just in words. Like staying with her well into the night - you are putting her needs well above your own. But know that she also needs you to take care of yourself so you are strong for her.

You are all in my prayers daily.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Carry on the best you can Chief.

It's all any of us can do.

Another prayer your way. :innocent:

Well, she did it again today. I walked into her room and she turned her head toward me. The respirator tubes were gone and she said, "I love you." I rushed to her bedside more excited than I have ever been in my my entire life. I literally couldn't speak for about a minute. I just kept catching my breath. After a while, I could talk to her again. She turned, smiled, and said, "I'm pregnant." She hasn't lost her sense of humor. I laughed gently. I have been walking on clouds all day. I was also told that her kidneys are working much better, and that she should be able to be removed from the dialysis machine tomorrow.

No tears tomorrow though. I'm just going to stay with her as long as they will let me. She still needs rest to heal and start getting her strength back. Every day is better than the day before. Prayers sent have been answered, and are still being answered. I wish I could throw a huge celebration, and make my best ribs, my best egg rolls, and of course, my best pancakes for all of you, and everyone else who has given such support. Oh, and really good steaks would be served as well. Alas, I have no such resources to do such things. I will come up with a spectacular culinary creation, and post the recipe on DC for everyone to enjoy. That's the best I can do, besides saying a heartfelt, thank you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh, Chief, this is wonderful news! So glad Mrs. Chief is getting better, and keeping her crazy sense of humor!

Dear Chef,
That is wonderful news!!! We still have her and you in our prayers for a complete recovery
[[[[[chef & wife]]]]]] (close hugs)

Before you know it, she will be out of that bed and you can start humming "your" song as you hold her in your arms and dance around the room with her. :angel:

DW is in the operating room again, as I type this. A CAT scan was done this morning on her abdomen, and multiple lesions were found. She has to be opened up and the lesions cleaned to eliminate the infections. She was supposed to go into surgery at about 5 p.m., but the surgeries that were before hers took long times. She wasn't taken down until 11:30 p.m. I then went to the store as visiting hours were long over, and she will sleep the remainder of the night. I stayed with her from 9 a.m. this morning until 11:30 p.m. and was a bit tired, and hungry. Picked up a can of chili that a store clerk said was pretty good. It was terrible, had cloves in it and meat that was the size and texture of sawdust grains. But it filled the belly, and I've taken my meds and am heading for bed.

I hope all of you had a better day than I did. Keep the prayers coming, they really help. And thanks for the support.

Seeeeeeya; One Tired Chief Shortwind of the North, for tonight at least.

Oh such good news! I didn't see this sooner, and this is great news.

I'm praying for both of you! Hang in there friend, and keep us posted ok?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom